Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-29 18:05:49

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Because Quotes

Because Quotes

1. Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little. - Edmund Burke

2. Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. - Warren Buffett

3. One cannot and must not try to erase the past merely because it does not fit the present. - Golda Meir

4. We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. George Bernard Shaw

5. We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop. - Mother Teresa

6. I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing. - Socrates

7. Man needs his difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy success. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

8. Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

9. We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

10. People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell

11. We lost the American colonies because we lacked the statesmanship to know the right time and the manner of yielding what is impossible to keep. - Queen Elizabeth II

12. Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

13. I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. - Bertrand Russell

14. Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others. - Winston Churchill

15. There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder. - Ronald Reagan

16. Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world. Science is the highest personification of the nation because that nation will remain the first which carries the furthest the works of thought and intelligence. - Louis Pasteur

17. Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist. - Epicurus

18. I know I am getting better at golf because I am hitting fewer spectators. - Gerald R. Ford

19. Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't. - Mark Twain

20. A mathematician, like a painter or a poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas. - G. H. Hardy

21. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear. - Thomas Jefferson

22. I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left. - Margaret Thatcher

23. Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility. - Sigmund Freud

24. But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. - William Butler Yeats

25. The game has its ups and downs, but you can never lose focus of your individual goals and you can't let yourself be beat because of lack of effort. - Michael Jordan

26. The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. - Audrey Hepburn

27. My strength is as the strength of ten, because my heart is pure. - Alfred Lord Tennyson

28. This City is what it is because our citizens are what they are. - Plato

29. I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain. - James Baldwin

30. There are no morals in politics; there is only expedience. A scoundrel may be of use to us just because he is a scoundrel. - Vladimir Lenin

31. Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a certain poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. Because it's only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realize your true potential. - Barack Obama

32. Technology can be our best friend, and technology can also be the biggest party pooper of our lives. It interrupts our own story, interrupts our ability to have a thought or a daydream, to imagine something wonderful, because we're too busy bridging the walk from the cafeteria back to the office on the cell phone. - Steven Spielberg

33. I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent. - Mahatma Gandhi

34. When you encourage others, you in the process are encouraged because you're making a commitment and difference in that person's life. Encouragement really does make a difference. - Zig Ziglar

35. Because power corrupts, society's demands for moral authority and character increase as the importance of the position increases. - John Adams

36. What we need to do is always lean into the future; when the world changes around you and when it changes against you - what used to be a tail wind is now a head wind - you have to lean into that and figure out what to do because complaining isn't a strategy. - Jeff Bezos

37. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. - Aldous Huxley

38. The future doesn't exist. The only thing that exists is now and our memory of what happened in the past. But because we invented the idea of a future, we're the only animal that realized we can affect the future by what we do today. - David Suzuki

39. Luck has nothing to do with it, because I have spent many, many hours, countless hours, on the court working for my one moment in time, not knowing when it would come. - Serena Williams

40. I think we're going to the moon because it's in the nature of the human being to face challenges. It's by the nature of his deep inner soul... we're required to do these things just as salmon swim upstream. - Neil Armstrong

41. Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there's a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see. - Helen Keller

42. The family is the test of freedom; because the family is the only thing that the free man makes for himself and by himself. - Gilbert K. Chesterton.

because.jpg?w=313&h=210

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer