Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-26 17:23:42

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Bear Quotes

Bear Quotes

1. Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. - Abraham Lincoln

2. I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

3. Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty. - John F. Kennedy

4. It was the labor movement that helped secure so much of what we take for granted today. The 40-hour work week, the minimum wage, family leave, health insurance, Social Security, Medicare, retirement plans. The cornerstones of the middle-class security all bear the union label. - Barack Obama

5. Death and love are the two wings that bear the good man to heaven. - Michelangelo

6. Humankind cannot bear very much reality. - T. S. Eliot

7. All, too, will bear in mind this sacred principle, that though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression. - Thomas Jefferson

8. Declare Church and State forever separate and distinct, but each free within their proper spheres, and that all church property shall bear its own proportion of taxation. - Ulysses S. Grant

9. Trees bear fruits only to be eaten by others; the fields grown grains, but they are consumed by the world. Cows give milk, but she doesn't drink it herself - that is left to others. Clouds send rain only to quench the parched earth. In such giving, there is little space for selfishness. - Munshi Premchand

10. A person who doubts himself is like a man who would enlist in the ranks of his enemies and bear arms against himself. He makes his failure certain by himself being the first person to be convinced of it. - Alexandre Dumas

11. 'Tis better to bear the ills we have than fly to others that we know not of. - William Shakespeare

12. To be blind is not miserable; not to be able to bear blindness, that is miserable. - John Milton

13. We Americans... bear the ark of liberties of the world. - Mark Twain

14. If it weren't for painting, I wouldn't live; I couldn't bear the extra strain of things. - Winston Churchill

15. Sorrow is a fruit. God does not make it grow on limbs too weak to bear it. - Victor Hugo

16. Speak the truth, and all things alive or brute are vouchers, and the very roots of the grass underground there, do seem to stir and move to bear you witness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

17. Women's liberation is just a lot of foolishness. It's men who are discriminated against. They can't bear children. And no one is likely to do anything about that. - Golda Meir

18. You can bear your own faults, and why not a fault in your wife? - Benjamin Franklin

19. Some people bear three kinds of trouble - the ones they've had, the ones they have, and the ones they expect to have. - H. G. Wells

20. In so many and such important ways, then, do the planets bear witness to the earth's mobility. - Nicolaus Copernicus

21. What makes loneliness an anguish is not that I have no one to share my burden, but this: I have only my own burden to bear. - Dag Hammarskjold

22. What makes old age hard to bear is not the failing of one's faculties, mental and physical, but the burden of one's memories. - W. Somerset Maugham

23. No burden is so heavy for a man to bear as a succession of happy days. - Max Planck

24. Each generation should be made to bear the burden of its own wars, instead of carrying them on, at the expense of other generations. - James Madison

25. Please bear in mind that my observations and thoughts are the outcome of my own unaided impulse and curiosity alone; for, besides myself, in our town there be no philosophers who practice this art, so pray, take not amiss my poor pen and the liberty I here take in setting down my random notions. - Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

26. The coward wretch whose hand and heart Can bear to torture aught below, Is ever first to quail and start From the slightest pain or equal foe. - Bertrand Russell

27. You, too, women, cast away all the cowards from your embraces; they will give you only cowards for children, and you who are the daughters of the land of beauty must bear children who are noble and brave. - Giuseppe Garibaldi

28. What is attempted in these film is of course a synthesis. But it can be seen by someone who has his feet in both cultures. Someone who will bring to bear on the films involvement and detachment in equal measure. - Satyajit Ray

29. Those who incline to very strictly utilitarian views may perhaps feel that the peculiar powers of the Analytical Engine bear upon questions of abstract and speculative science rather than upon those involving everyday and ordinary human interests. - Ada Lovelace

30. Anger and jealousy can no more bear to lose sight of their objects than love. - George Eliot

31. Most of the time, people say negative things for a reaction, and I can't even bear to give them the satisfaction. So there's something that I gain from feeling like I'm the bigger person, from walking away from a situation. - Selena Gomez

32. The bear is what we all wrestle with. Everybody has their bear in life. It's about conquering that bear and letting him go. - Jennifer Lopez

33. I can't bear art that you can walk round and admire. A book should be either a bandit or a rebel or a man in the crowd. - D. H. Lawrence

34. I love creating partnerships; I love not having to bear the entire burden of the creative storytelling, and when I have unions like with George Lucas and Peter Jackson, it's really great; not only do I benefit, but the project is better for it. - Steven Spielberg

35. 'Obama and Biden want to raise taxes by a trillion dollars.' Guess what? Yes, we do in one regard: We want to let that trillion dollar tax cut expire so the middle class doesn't have to bear the burden of all that money going to the super-wealthy. That's not a tax raise. That's called fairness where I come from. - Joe Biden

36. Bear and endure: This sorrow will one day prove to be for your good. - Ovid.

expressions-with-bear-and-bare2.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer