Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-04 17:50:41

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Balance Quotes

Balance Quotes

1. Faith gives you an inner strength and a sense of balance and perspective in life. - Gregory Peck

2. Most people get a fair amount of fun out of their lives, but on balance life is suffering, and only the very young or the very foolish imagine otherwise. - George Orwell

3. The delicate balance of mentoring someone is not creating them in your own image, but giving them the opportunity to create themselves. - Steven Spielberg

4. It is the harmony of the diverse parts, their symmetry, their happy balance; in a word it is all that introduces order, all that gives unity, that permits us to see clearly and to comprehend at once both the ensemble and the details. - Henri Poincare

5. Beauty is only skin deep. I think what's really important is finding a balance of mind, body and spirit. - Jennifer Lopez

6. Colonialism deprives you of your self-esteem and to get it back you have to fight to redress the balance. - Imran Khan

7. My kids give me the balance to live right. - Celine Dion

8. When a man asks himself what is meant by action he proves that he isn't a man of action. Action is a lack of balance. In order to act you must be somewhat insane. A reasonably sensible man is satisfied with thinking. - James Baldwin

9. Prosperity is no just scale; adversity is the only balance to weigh friends. - Plutarch

10. The challenge of work-life balance is without question one of the most significant struggles faced by modern man. - Stephen Covey

11. For working mothers, creating a work-life balance is critical, as we must ensure we do not neglect any significant part of our lives - our children, our family's health, our own health and fitness, our marriage, and, of course, our careers. - Sonali Bendre

12. I believe that being successful means having a balance of success stories across the many areas of your life. You can't truly be considered successful in your business life if your home life is in shambles. - Zig Ziglar

13. Doubt can motivate you, so don't be afraid of it. Confidence and doubt are at two ends of the scale, and you need both. They balance each other out. - Barbra Streisand

14. The breaking wave and the muscle as it contracts obey the same law. Delicate line gathers the body's total strength in a bold balance. Shall my soul meet so severe a curve, journeying on its way to form? - Dag Hammarskjold

15. In therapy I have learned the importance of keeping spiritual life and professional life balanced. I need to regain my balance. - Tiger Woods

16. Moral Education is the source of that spiritual equilibrium on which everything else depends and which may be compared to that physical equilibrium or sense of balance, without which it is impossible to stand upright or to move into any other position. - Maria Montessori

17. The hardest thing to find in life is balance - especially the more success you have, the more you look to the other side of the gate. What do I need to stay grounded, in touch, in love, connected, emotionally balanced? Look within yourself. - Celine Dion

18. I love what I do for a living, it's the greatest job in the world, but you have to survive an awful lot of attention that you don't truly deserve and you have to live up to your professional responsibilities and I'm always trying to balance that with what is really important. - Tom Hanks

19. There are nine million servers sold annually. Of those, just one million are sourced by the big guys. What we're trying to predict is: in the future, is that all going into the one million category? Or will there be some balance? - Satya Nadella

20. I balanced all, brought all to mind, the years to come seemed waste of breath, a waste of breath the years behind, in balance with this life, this death. - William Butler Yeats

21. People still get shocked when they see me eat a whole box of chocolates. I don't psyche myself out - I know how to balance my meals even when I am not on a strict diet. - Hrithik Roshan

22. The White House isn't the place to learn how to deal with international crisis, the balance of power, war and peace, and the economic future of the next generation. - Joe Biden

23. In our film business, they say it's recession-proof, but there's no such thing. I think what it's done is there's been an increase in demand for high-quality product. If you understand the business side of it, there's a way to balance it. - Sandra Bullock

24. A civilized man is one who will give a serious answer to a serious question. Civilization itself is a certain sane balance of values. - Ezra Pound

25. If you are good at studies, and you want to play cricket, you may work harder than any other person, but you may not achieve it. So it's something you have to balance in life and be practical where you are good and then channelise your efforts in the right direction to be successful in life. - MS Dhoni

26. The Anglo-Americans want the balance of power in Eurasia. The only balance of power they can achieve now is the whole of Europe against Russia. The only choice for us is either to join this Western European bloc or join in with Russia. - Werner Heisenberg

27. The Geometer has the special privilege to carry out, by abstraction, all constructions by means of the intellect. Who, then, would wish to prevent me from freely considering figures hanging on a balance imagined to be at an infinite distance beyond the confines of the world? - Evangelista Torricelli

28. What I tell my kids is, 'I'm preparing you for college and for life. So, having independence, knowing how to set your own boundaries, figuring out how to make that balance. We still have screen-time rules.' - Michelle Obama

29. Want balance in your life? Then sure, get your own act together, but don't forget four powerful disciplines of execution in your team and organization. - Stephen Covey

30. My films are of paramount importance to me, the same as my family. That's not going to change. This is a balance I have to strike throughout my life. - Abhishek Bachchan

31. The whole imposing edifice of modern medicine is like the celebrated tower of Pisa - slightly off balance. - Prince Charles

32. The world has crafted a beautiful balance of collective action - common but differentiated responsibility and respective capabilities. - Narendra Modi

33. The day when a sportsman stops thinking above all else of the happiness in his own effort and the intoxication of the power and physical balance he derives from it, the day when he lets considerations of vanity or interest take over, on this day his ideal will die. - Pierre de Coubertin

34. If anyone can figure out how to balance my celebrity and my dual careers in music and film, it's me. I don't feel frightened; I feel challenged. - Jennifer Lopez

35. If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable. - Donald Trump

36. Mostly I built golf courses the way I played golf, which was left-to-right. But I learned very rapidly that people wanted to see more than just the way I played golf and that I had to balance up what I was doing, right-to-left, left-to-right, etc. - Jack Nicklaus.

Coulter061915.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer