Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-23 17:32:39

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Awful Quotes

Awful Quotes

1. We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort. - Jesse Owens

2. The pilgrims on the Mayflower landed at Plymouth Rock. To my knowledge, they didn't wait around for a return trip to Europe. You settle some place with a purpose. If you don't want to do that, stay home. You avoid an awful lot of risks by not venturing outward. - Buzz Aldrin

3. We should so provide for old age that it may have no urgent wants of this world to absorb it from meditation on the next. It is awful to see the lean hands of dotage making a coffer of the grave. - Pearl S. Buck

4. I love what I do for a living, it's the greatest job in the world, but you have to survive an awful lot of attention that you don't truly deserve and you have to live up to your professional responsibilities and I'm always trying to balance that with what is really important. - Tom Hanks

5. A lot of the girls were awful, very catty. It was a competitive environment that I didn't like. You have no idea of the anorexia I saw around me. - Kate Winslet

6. People talk about balance. Balance is an awful measure of things because it implies a scale that inevitably tips. I like to look through the filter of, 'Is the life I'm leading consistent with my priorities?' For me, my family is the ultimate litmus test. - Ivanka Trump

7. My view of my role is that together with like-minded men and women, I could help contribute to a bipartisan view of American engagement in the world for another period; I could do my part to overcome this really, in a way, awful period in which we are turning history into personal recriminations, depriving our political system of a serious debate. - Henry Kissinger

8. For someone who doesn't even like love stories, I've played an awful lot of lovers. - Shah Rukh Khan

9. The word 'star' doesn't mean an awful lot to me. 'Good actor' and having the respect of one's peers means more. - Pierce Brosnan

10. I just feel like if I start opening the door to talking about my university experience, then people just kind of... own everything. There was a lot of stuff a couple of years ago saying that I was bullied at Brown and awful things like that, none of which were true. - Emma Watson

11. It is possible that a scientific discovery will be made that humans will later regret because it has awful consequences. The problem is, we probably would not know in advance and, once the discovery is made, it cannot be undiscovered. - Paul Davies

12. Oh my goodness gracious, what you can buy off the Internet in terms of overhead photography. A trained ape can know an awful lot of what is going on in this world, just by punching on his mouse, for a relatively modest cost. - Donald Rumsfeld

13. I do an awful lot of scuba diving. I love to be on the ocean, under the ocean. I live next to the ocean. - James Cameron

14. At 20, I didn't know what suited me. I had terrible fashion sense and awful make-up. - Samantha Fox

15. I lost my dad way too early and it was agonisingly awful. I missed him so much and I hated knowing that I could never again pick up the phone to tell him about my day. - Monica Seles

16. I watch an awful lot of old Hollywood movies - I'll devour anything with Bette Davis or Joan Crawford. My absolute favourite is 'Sunset Boulevard' starring Gloria Swanson. - Amanda Donohoe

17. The Williams girls compete extremely hard on court because they hate losing - it's just that they haven't played an awful lot of tennis over the years. - Martina Navratilova

18. I wouldn't want a film to be made on my life, because I suppose I would only want them to show all the good things about me and hide the awful things, and that wouldn't be a very honest biopic, no? - Ruskin Bond

19. It's awful walking into a restaurant and having the whole room look at you, knowing what they're saying. - Selena Gomez

20. It's not as if I've have done really awful films. It's just that my films haven't clicked at the box-office which doesn't make me a lousy actor. - Dino Morea.

depositphotos_200299568-stock-photo-awful-shocking-news-portrait-of.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer