Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-20 17:28:28

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Away Quotes

Away Quotes

1. Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

2. If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. - George Washington

3. Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing. - Theodore Roosevelt

4. Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away. - Elvis Presley

5. Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend - or a meaningful day. - Dalai Lama

6. Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray. - Lord Byron

7. Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people. - Carl Sagan

8. Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. - Steve Jobs

9. It's not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential. - Bruce Lee

10. The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. - Muhammad Ali

11. Corruption is a cancer: a cancer that eats away at a citizen's faith in democracy, diminishes the instinct for innovation and creativity; already-tight national budgets, crowding out important national investments. It wastes the talent of entire generations. It scares away investments and jobs. - Joe Biden

12. For age is opportunity no less Than youth itself, though in another dress, And as the evening twilight fades away The sky is filled with stars, invisible by day. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

13. Money doesn't mean anything to me. I've made a lot of money, but I want to enjoy life and not stress myself building my bank account. I give lots away and live simply, mostly out of a suitcase in hotels. We all know that good health is much more important. - Keanu Reeves

14. Sadness flies away on the wings of time. - Jean de La Fontaine

15. Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children. - Khalil Gibran

16. Beauty is the only thing that time cannot harm. Philosophies fall away like sand, creeds follow one another, but what is beautiful is a joy for all seasons, a possession for all eternity. - Oscar Wilde

17. We may stumble and fall but shall rise again; it should be enough if we did not run away from the battle. - Mahatma Gandhi

18. The only way to get love is to be lovable. It's very irritating if you have a lot of money. You'd like to think you could write a check: 'I'll buy a million dollars' worth of love.' But it doesn't work that way. The more you give love away, the more you get. - Warren Buffett

19. It's never too late. Don't focus on what was taken away. Find something to replace it, and acknowledge the blessing you have. - Drew Barrymore

20. I heard the old, old, men say 'all that's beautiful drifts away, like the waters.' - William Butler Yeats

21. Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities (and the smallest minority on earth is the individual). - Ayn Rand

22. Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold. - Leo Tolstoy

23. You have to stay in school. You have to. You have to go to college. You have to get your degree. Because that's the one thing people can't take away from you is your education. And it is worth the investment. - Michelle Obama

24. He is a man of courage who does not run away, but remains at his post and fights against the enemy. - Socrates

25. Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Pablo Picasso

26. As a teenager I was so insecure. I was the type of guy that never fitted in because he never dared to choose. I was convinced I had absolutely no talent at all. For nothing. And that thought took away all my ambition too. - Johnny Depp

27. Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings. - Victor Hugo

28. Take away love and our earth is a tomb. - Robert Browning

29. Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings. - Victor Hugo

30. Power is my mistress. I have worked too hard at her conquest to allow anyone to take her away from me. -  Napoleon Bonaparte

31. Drag your thoughts away from your troubles... by the ears, by the heels, or any other way you can manage it. - Mark Twain

32. When you have got an elephant by the hind legs and he is trying to run away, it's best to let him run. - Abraham Lincoln

33. Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines. - Bertrand Russell

34. You cannot run away from weakness; you must some time fight it out or perish; and if that be so, why not now, and where you stand? - Robert Louis Stevenson

35. I do not love to be printed on every occasion, much less to be dunned and teased by foreigners about mathematical things or to be thought by our own people to be trifling away my time about them when I should be about the king's business. - Isaac Newton

36. I used to go away for weeks in a state of confusion. - Albert Einstein.

car-return-partner-o.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer