Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-12 15:13:42

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Astronomy Quotes

Astronomy Quotes

1. Superstition is to religion what astrology is to astronomy the mad daughter of a wise mother. These daughters have too long dominated the earth. - Voltaire

2. Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another. - Plato

3. It's been said that astronomy is a humbling and, I might add, a character-building experience. - Carl Sagan

4. The most remarkable discovery in all of astronomy is that the stars are made of atoms of the same kind as those on the earth. - Richard P. Feynman

5. This sight... is by far the noblest astronomy affords. - Edmond Halley

6. I was born on January 8, 1942, exactly three hundred years after the death of Galileo. I estimate, however, that about two hundred thousand other babies were also born that day. I don't know whether any of them was later interested in astronomy. - Stephen Hawking

7. It is clear to everyone that astronomy at all events compels the soul to look upwards, and draws it from the things of this world to the other. - Plato

8. So far as hypotheses are concerned, let no one expect anything certain from astronomy, which cannot furnish it, lest he accept as the truth ideas conceived for another purpose, and depart from this study a greater fool than when he entered it. - Nicolaus Copernicus

9. The history of astronomy is a history of receding horizons. - Edwin Powell Hubble

10. I love travelling and going on wildlife safaris. I have an interest in astronomy. I like reading on current affairs, business and science. I love doing nothing if I can help it. - Viswanathan Anand.

stargazing-astronomer-telescope.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer