Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-20 18:04:03

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Appreciation Quotes

Appreciation Quotes

1. Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well. - Voltaire

2. As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. - John F. Kennedy

3. The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness. - Dalai Lama

4. Next to excellence is the appreciation of it. - William Makepeace Thackeray

5. The aim of life is appreciation; there is no sense in not appreciating things; and there is no sense in having more of them if you have less appreciation of them. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

6. When you don't come from struggle, gaining appreciation is a quality that's difficult to come by. - Shania Twain

7. With age comes the understanding and appreciation of your most important asset, your health. - Oprah Winfrey

8. An artist must be open to both appreciation and criticism. It's a part of the learning process, or else there is no growth. - Shankar Mahadevan

9. We had nothing in our times. The athletes and sportsmen in those days didn't earn much money. We worked for the applause, people's appreciation inspired and motivated us, we ran for the country. - Milkha Singh

10. By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. - Voltaire

11. As I've said, there were patriots who supported this war, and patriots who opposed it. And all of us are united in appreciation for our servicemen and women, and our hopes for Iraqis' future. - Barack Obama

12. There is no scorn more profound, or on the whole more justifiable, than that of the men who make for the men who explain. Exposition, criticism, appreciation, is work for second-rate minds. - G. H. Hardy

13. Indeed, I would feel that an appreciation of the arts in a conscious, disciplined way might help one to do science better. - Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar

14. I learned more from my mother than from all the art historians and curators who have informed me about technical aspects of art history and art appreciation over the years. - David Rockefeller

15. I am glad to have this opportunity of expressing my high appreciation of the honour extended to me many years ago by the Royal Swedish Academy of Science by enrolling me amongst its members. - Guglielmo Marconi

16. Knowing what paint a painter uses or having an understanding of where he was in the history of where he came from doesn't hurt your appreciation of the painting. - Jodie Foster

17. J. Lo is also an homage to my fans. That's what fans call me on the streets, and I like it. So giving the album this title is my way of telling them that this is for them, in appreciation of their support. - Jennifer Lopez

18. I obviously have a great love and appreciation of jewelry, thanks to my mother, much to the dismay of both my father and my boyfriends. - Ivanka Trump

19. I would not want to be a part of any project that I feel would not work. An actor like me always wants to work to get appreciation of the audiences. And appreciation can only come if people will come to watch the film. - Rani Mukerji

20. I wouldn't say I'm a mummy's girl, but I have grown to have a tremendous appreciation of her as a woman. I was very much a daddy's girl. - Gwyneth Paltrow

21. What makes me happy is the appreciation of people around me. - Nadia Comaneci

22. I feel that in spite of having a big launch with 'RNBDJ' and the film doing well for me in terms of getting appreciation, I don't think it made me the next big thing. - Anushka Sharma

23. 'Devdas' is the first Hindi commercial film to be seen at Cannes. And 'Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam' is getting a whole lot of appreciation abroad. I'm pleased. - Sanjay Leela Bhansali

24. Apart from the money actors earn, it is the love and appreciation that keeps everyone looking forward to do more. - Neena Gupta

25. I believe in an artiste's life, there are two kinds of awards - first is the appreciation and good wishes he or she gets for his work from the audience and secondly, the recognition in the form of awards.- Sharmila Tagore.

Appreciation-and-recognition-768x576.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer