Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-05 18:22:21

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Around Quotes

Around Quotes

1. Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws. - Plato

2. A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Winston Churchill

3. The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively. - Bob Marley

4. I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood

5. Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. - Mark Twain

6. Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. - Michael Jordan

7. Rockets are cool. There's no getting around that. - Elon Musk

8. True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us. - Socrates

9. Success makes so many people hate you. I wish it wasn't that way. It would be wonderful to enjoy success without seeing envy in the eyes of those around you. - Marilyn Monroe

10. To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there. - Barbara Bush

11. Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson

12. There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect. - Ronald Reagan

13. Without mathematics, there's nothing you can do. Everything around you is mathematics. Everything around you is numbers. - Shakuntala Devi

14. Men make history and not the other way around. In periods where there is no leadership, society stands still. Progress occurs when courageous, skillful leaders seize the opportunity to change things for the better. - Harry S Truman

15. What we need to do is always lean into the future; when the world changes around you and when it changes against you - what used to be a tail wind is now a head wind - you have to lean into that and figure out what to do because complaining isn't a strategy. - Jeff Bezos

16. Help others and give something back. I guarantee you will discover that while public service improves the lives and the world around you, its greatest reward is the enrichment and new meaning it will bring your own life. - Arnold Schwarzenegger

17. The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do. - Galileo Galilei

18. I don't look to jump over 7-foot bars: I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over. - Warren Buffett

19. I believe that every human has a finite number of heartbeats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises. - Neil Armstrong

20. If you are curious, you'll find the puzzles around you. If you are determined, you will solve them. - Erno Rubik

21. Those who cannot work with their hearts achieve but a hollow, half-hearted success that breeds bitterness all around. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

22. The chief function of the body is to carry the brain around. - Thomas A. Edison

23. No, I never saw an angel, but it is irrelevant whether I saw one or not. I feel their presence around me. - Paulo Coelho

24. I love to go to the zoo. But not on Sunday. I don't like to see the people making fun of the animals, when it should be the other way around. - Ernest Hemingway

25. Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them. - Henry Ford

26. If I see anything vital around me, it is precisely that spirit of adventure, which seems indestructible and is akin to curiosity. - Marie Curie

27. If you love your work, you'll be out there every day trying to do it the best you possibly can, and pretty soon everybody around will catch the passion from you - like a fever. - Sam Walton

28. Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science. - Edwin Powell Hubble

29. The people you choose to have around you make all the difference. My family and close friends keep me grounded. You have to have a mind of your own and a strong head on your shoulders. Cricket is the most important thing to me, so the rest of it pales in comparison. - Virat Kohli

30. I have no use for people who throw their weight around as celebrities, or for those who fawn over you just because you are famous. - Walt Disney

31. Science is a perception of the world around us. Science is a place where what you find in nature pleases you. - Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar

32. When I was a kid, there was no collaboration; it's you with a camera bossing your friends around. But as an adult, filmmaking is all about appreciating the talents of the people you surround yourself with and knowing you could never have made any of these films by yourself. Steven Spielberg

33. As you become more clear about who you really are, you'll be better able to decide what is best for you - the first time around. - Oprah Winfrey

34. If you believe you can make a difference, not just in politics, in public service, in advocacy around all these important issues, then you have to be prepared to accept that you are not going to get 100 percent approval. - Hillary Clinton

35. Find the good. It's all around you. Find it, showcase it and you'll start believing in it. - Jesse Owens

36. In the name of God, stop a moment, cease your work, look around you. - Leo Tolstoy.

around-2.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer