Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-30 17:46:57

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Ancient Quotes

Ancient Quotes

1. In the twenty-first century, the robot will take the place which slave labor occupied in ancient civilization. - Nikola Tesla

2. Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in ancient Greek republics: Freedom for slave owners. - Vladimir Lenin

3. It is better to imitate ancient than modern work. - Leonardo da Vinci

4. My own life in India, since I came to it in 1893 to make it my home, has been devoted to one purpose, to give back to India her ancient freedom. - Annie Besant

5. The ancients considered mechanics in a twofold respect: as rational, which proceeds accurately by demonstration, and practical. To practical mechanics all the manual arts belong, from which mechanics took its name. - Isaac Newton

6. Divorce is probably of nearly the same date as marriage. I believe, however, that marriage is some weeks the more ancient. - Voltaire

7. I would definitely return to Austria. They were all good experiences for me, but definitely Austria because there were some ancient Celtic, sacred sites that were in the forest that were quite beautiful. - Nicolas Cage

8. Personally, my interests are ancient history and ancient civilizations. In my own life, I'd like to go to places like Easter Island. - Nicolas Cage

9. The Ancient Mariner would not have taken so well if it had been called The Old Sailor. - Samuel Butler

10. The vegetarian movement is an ancient movement and is not quite a modern one. - Morarji Desai

11. If we were living in ancient Rome or Greece, I would be considered sickly and unattractive. The times dictate that thin is better for some strange reason, which I think is foolish. - Gwyneth Paltrow

12. Spying has always gone on since ancient times. - Vladimir Putin

13. The ancient superficial idea of the uniform and progressive growth of the human personality has remained unaltered, and the erroneous belief has persisted that it is the duty of the adult to fashion the child according to the pattern required by society. - Maria Montessori

14. We are political animals, as, not without reason, affirmed Aristotle, who perhaps influenced humanity's thinking more than any other ancient philosopher through his almost 200 treatises, according to reports, of which only 31 have been preserved. - Fidel Castro

15. How shall we remember Mahatma Gandhi, that eternal pilgrim of freedom? Born of the very spirit of India, steeped in the tradition, the song, the legend of our ancient land - and yet he was revolutionary. Unique among revolutionaries, he marched for freedom, clad in the robe of truth, with non-violence for his staff. - Rajiv Gandhi

16. India and Egypt have been strongly influencing each other's culture, arts and architecture since ancient times. - Boney Kapoor

17. I discovered the foundations of Ayurveda and Siddha, and more importantly I found that all of Western control systems engineering principles had actually been discovered by the great ancient Indian sages, 5,000 years ago. - Shiva Ayyadurai.

120918-56-Ancient-History-Education-768x432.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer