Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-29 01:19:27

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Anchor Quotes

Anchor Quotes

1. It is a far, far better thing to have a firm anchor in nonsense than to put out on the troubled seas of thought. - John Kenneth Galbraith

2. To reach a port, we must sail - sail, not tie at anchor - sail, not drift. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

3. We must search out totally new ways to anchor ourselves, for all the old roots religion, nation, community, family, or profession are now shaking under the hurricane impact of the accelerative thrust. - Alvin Toffler

4. I talked about the need for American leadership, I talked about the importance of the United States to a more peaceful world, a world that has been quite turbulent in recent years, and needs a strong American anchor. - Condoleezza Rice

5. Kids will keep it real. If I've ever had in my life a great anchor, it's them. They get in your head, 'don't get too famous.' If you think you're really famous and think you're really hip, go hang out with your kids for an afternoon. That's about as earthbound as it's going to get. - Lionel Richie

6. I'm not a television anchor for a Hindi channel or a radio jockey. So I may not be able to have a spontaneous conversation in Hindi. I'm a Bollywood actress, and I can certainly speak my dialogue in Hindi. - Katrina Kaif

7. There's nothing universal about Indian families except that the family itself is deeply important across the country. It's sort of the fabric and anchor of our country. - Mira Nair

8. The first footfalls on Mars will mark a historic milestone, an enterprise that requires human tenacity matched with technology to anchor ourselves on another world. - Buzz Aldrin

9. Not all children have the anchor of a strong family. - Kate Middleton

10. I started watching English news channels and would repeat after the anchor. Since coaching classes were expensive, I joined a call centre where, after undergoing training for a month, I quit. I followed this strategy in 15 BPOs. I could earn money and learn English at the same time. - Harshvardhan Rane.

shutterstock_337907282.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer