Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-25 17:45:07

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Amount Quotes

Amount Quotes

1. No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong. - Albert Einstein

2. Atheism is so senseless. When I look at the solar system, I see the earth at the right distance from the sun to receive the proper amounts of heat and light. This did not happen by chance. - Isaac Newton

3. If you go back a few hundred years, what we take for granted today would seem like magic - being able to talk to people over long distances, to transmit images, flying, accessing vast amounts of data like an oracle. These are all things that would have been considered magic a few hundred years ago. - Elon Musk

4. If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health. - Hippocrates

5. No amount of political freedom will satisfy the hungry masses. - Vladimir Lenin

6. When there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income. - Plato

7. Hugs can do great amounts of good - especially for children. - Princess Diana

8. The best liar is he who makes the smallest amount of lying go the longest way. - Samuel Butler

9. There is no doubt that some plant food, such as oatmeal, is more economical than meat, and superior to it in regard to both mechanical and mental performance. Such food, moreover, taxes our digestive organs decidedly less, and, in making us more contented and sociable, produces an amount of good difficult to estimate. - Nikola Tesla

10. Small amounts of philosophy lead to atheism, but larger amounts bring us back to God. - Francis Bacon

11. I wouldn't be here today if it were not for the NHS. I have received a large amount of high-quality treatment without which I would not have survived. - Stephen Hawking

12. I think the thing we see is that as people are using video games more, they tend to watch passive TV a bit less. And so using the PC for the Internet, playing video games, is starting to cut into the rather unbelievable amount of time people spend watching TV. - Bill Gates

13. Most people get a fair amount of fun out of their lives, but on balance life is suffering, and only the very young or the very foolish imagine otherwise. - George Orwell

14. I learned about serif and san serif typefaces, about varying the amount of space between different letter combinations, about what makes great typography great. It was beautiful, historical, artistically subtle in a way that science can't capture, and I found it fascinating. - Steve Jobs

15. Illinois surpasses every other spot of equal extent upon the face of the globe in fertility of soil and in the proportionable amount of the same which is sufficiently level for actual cultivation. - Abraham Lincoln

16. From my experience and understanding, I believe money follows name and fame, while recognition calls for a huge amount of sacrifice. To get something, you have to lose something. That's the rule of life. - Lata Mangeshkar

17. It's different from being 21 and you think there's endless amount of opportunities. At 33, the ending is much, much closer. - Kobe Bryant

18. The amount of meetings I've been in - people would be shocked. But that's how you gain experience, how you can gain knowledge, being in meetings and participating. You learn and grow. - Tiger Woods

19. The one thing I regret was that my work required an enormous amount of my time, and a lot of travel. - Neil Armstrong

20. Giving back involves a certain amount of giving up. - Colin Powell

21. By nature, I'm a very positive person, and because I'm happy in myself, and in my life, and I've got a great husband, and beautiful children, and I have a job that I love that calls for a certain amount of emotional expression, I get to realise a lot of my dreams and aspirations. - Kate Winslet

22. If you take a reasonable amount of vitamin C regularly, the incidence of the common cold goes down. If you get a cold and start immediately, as soon as you start sneezing and sniffling, the cold just doesn't get going. - Linus Pauling

23. So while an incredible amount of progress has been made, on this fifth anniversary, I wanted to come here and tell the people of this city directly: My administration is going to stand with you - and fight alongside you - until the job is done. Until New Orleans is all the way back, all the way. - Barack Obama

24. You can judge your age by the amount of pain you feel when you come in contact with a new idea. - Pearl S. Buck

25. The amount of control you have over somebody if you can monitor internet activity is amazing. Tim Berners-Lee.

150x210xemanbusinessmanhappymoney-200.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Ovj65qHpnq.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer