Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-23 18:09:04

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Alive Quotes

Alive Quotes

1. I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day. - Vincent Van Gogh

2. I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing. - Socrates

3. I can't imagine anything more important than air, water, soil, energy and biodiversity. These are the things that keep us alive. - David Suzuki

4. A mother is a mother still, The holiest thing alive. - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

5. Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire, called conscience. - George Washington

6. I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am. - Michael Jackson

7. I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing. - Agatha Christie

8. I believe that people would be alive today if there were a death penalty. - Nancy Reagan

9. It seems to me we can never give up longing and wishing while we are thoroughly alive. There are certain things we feel to be beautiful and good, and we must hunger after them. - George Eliot

10. You must learn to be still in the midst of activity and to be vibrantly alive in repose. - Indira Gandhi

11. But if it be a sin to covet honour, I am the most offending soul alive. - William Shakespeare

12. The year 2100 will see eugenics universally established. In past ages, the law governing the survival of the fittest roughly weeded out the less desirable strains. Then man's new sense of pity began to interfere with the ruthless workings of nature. As a result, we continue to keep alive and to breed the unfit. - Nikola Tesla

13. The whole point of being alive is to evolve into the complete person you were intended to be. - Oprah Winfrey

14.  You see, I am trying in all my stories to get the feeling of the actual life across - not to just depict life - or criticize it - but to actually make it alive. So that when you have read something by me, you actually experience the thing. You can't do this without putting in the bad and the ugly as well as what is beautiful. - Ernest Hemingway

15. I know this sounds strange, but as a kid, I was really shy. Painfully shy. The turning point was freshman year, when I was the biggest geek alive. No one, I mean no one, even talked to me. - Jim Carrey

16. We who engage in nonviolent direct action are not the creators of tension. We merely bring to the surface the hidden tension that is already alive. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

17. For man, as for flower and beast and bird, the supreme triumph is to be most vividly, most perfectly alive. - D. H. Lawrence

18. If you're not producing as much as you consume, or perhaps a little more, then clearly we cannot use the big organization of our society for the purpose of keeping you alive, because your life does not benefit us, and it can't be of very much use to yourself. - George Bernard Shaw

19. A museum has to renew its collection to be alive, but that does not mean we give on important old works. - David Rockefeller

20. The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. - Thomas Jefferson

21. If a man has wealth, he has to make a choice, because there is the money heaping up. He can keep it together in a bunch, and then leave it for others to administer after he is dead. Or he can get it into action and have fun, while he is still alive. I prefer getting it into action and adapting it to human needs, and making the plan work. - George Eastman

22. You feel alive to the degree that you feel you can help others. - John Travolta

23. I'm attracted to everything, and that's what keeps my mind alive always. - Govinda

24. As long as I am alive, I am fully committed to amity between Tibetans and Chinese. Otherwise there's no use. - Dalai Lama

25. I'm a permanently curious person. I probably waste my time being curious about things that have got nothing to do with the business sometimes. What keeps me alive, certainly, is curiosity. - Rupert Murdoch

26. Passion rebuilds the world for the youth. It makes all things alive and significant. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

27. We are long before we are convinced that happiness is never to be found, and each believes it possessed by others, to keep alive the hope of obtaining it for himself. - Samuel Johnson

28. Journalism largely consists of saying 'Lord Jones is Dead' to people who never knew that Lord Jones was alive. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

29. There are fans of Twenty20 cricket, and we need to ensure that we give them the cricket they want to see. We need to keep Test cricket alive, because there is a section of fans who love and worship Test cricket and have basically helped this game grow, and they are as important as anybody else. - Rahul Dravid

30. I just loved performing. It just made me feel alive. It's scary, but that's part of it. I think it's important to have that extra adrenaline. It gives you that extra zing. - Emma Watson.

Man-alive.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer