Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-22 17:49:18

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Aim Quotes

Aim Quotes

1. The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance. - Aristotle

2. The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark. - Michelangelo

3. A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. - Lao Tzu

4. Cultivation of mind should be the ultimate aim of human existence. - B. R. Ambedkar

5. If four things are followed - having a great aim, acquiring knowledge, hard work, and perseverance - then anything can be achieved. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

6. Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither. - C. S. Lewis

7. A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. - Bruce Lee

8. We aim above the mark to hit the mark. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

9. You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. - Walt Disney

10. The aim, if reached or not, makes great the life: Try to be Shakespeare, leave the rest to fate! - Robert Browning

11. An aim in life is the only fortune worth finding. - Robert Louis Stevenson

12. My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way. - Ernest Hemingway

13. Those who aim at great deeds must also suffer greatly. - Plutarch

14. The scientific man does not aim at an immediate result. He does not expect that his advanced ideas will be readily taken up. His work is like that of the planter - for the future. His duty is to lay the foundation for those who are to come, and point the way. - Nikola Tesla

15. Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well. - Mahatma Gandhi

16. The grand aim of all science is to cover the greatest number of empirical facts by logical deduction from the smallest number of hypotheses or axioms. - Albert Einstein

17. America is a Nation with a mission - and that mission comes from our most basic beliefs. We have no desire to dominate, no ambitions of empire. Our aim is a democratic peace - a peace founded upon the dignity and rights of every man and woman. - George W. Bush

18. Applause is the spur of noble minds, the end and aim of weak ones. - Edmund Burke

19. The aim of life is appreciation; there is no sense in not appreciating things; and there is no sense in having more of them if you have less appreciation of them. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

20. Singleness of purpose is one of the chief essentials for success in life, no matter what may be one's aim. - John D. Rockefeller

21. A wise man is cured of ambition by ambition itself; his aim is so exalted that riches, office, fortune and favour cannot satisfy him. - Samuel Johnson

22. Only aim to do your duty, and mankind will give you credit where you fail. - Thomas Jefferson

23. Dress is at all times a frivolous distinction, and excessive solicitude about it often destroys its own aim. - Jane Austen

24. Our aim may be as high as the endless sky, but we should have a resolve in our minds to walk ahead, hand-in-hand, for victory will be ours. - Atal Bihari Vajpayee

25. For forty years, I have devoted myself to the cause of the people's revolution with but one aim in view - the elevation of China to a position of freedom and equality among the nations. - Sun Yat-sen

26. A boy carries out suggestions more wholeheartedly when he understands their aim. - Robert Baden-Powell

27. The aim of the wise is not to secure pleasure, but to avoid pain. - Aristotle

28. Perfection is a trifle dull. It is not the least of life's ironies that this, which we all aim at, is better not quite achieved. - W. Somerset Maugham

29. I have behind me not only the splendid traditions and the annals of more than a thousand years but the living strength and majesty of the Commonwealth and Empire; of societies old and new; of lands and races different in history and origins but all, by God's Will, united in spirit and in aim. - Queen Elizabeth II

30. Never stop fighting until you arrive at your destined place - that is, the unique you. Have an aim in life, continuously acquire knowledge, work hard, and have perseverance to realise the great life. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

31. When I work on a movie, I never aim for records, collections or the number one position. I always concentrate on my work and look for ways to improve my acting abilities. I also advise my co-stars not to concentrate on these pretty issues and just focus on acting. - Mahesh Babu

32. I want to be part of great cinema. That is my only aim. - Anushka Sharma

33. If you would hit the mark, you must aim a little above it. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

34. I love Navi Mumbai, and I am proud to be a part of this city. The city has always inspired me to aim higher. - Shankar Mahadevan

35. As a sportsman, my aim was to help sportspersons grow. The idea is to see what is good for sport rather than what's good for individuals. - Kapil Dev

36. The problem is that I work in more than one genre. It's impossible for me to aim for a single one because, for me, comedy is mixed with tragedy. That's very Spanish, the way in which comedy and tragedy are inextricable from each other. - Pedro Almodovar

37. I aim for a lifetime full of movies. - Salma Hayek

38. The common thread for everything I do is this idea of a Web-services architecture. What does that mean? It means taking components of software and systems and having them be self-describing, so that you can aim them, ask them what their capabilities are, and communicate with them using a standard protocol. - Bill Gates

39. Let woman out of the home, let man into it, should be the aim of education. The home needs man, and the world outside needs woman. - Pearl S. Buck

40. The theoretical understanding of the world, which is the aim of philosophy, is not a matter of great practical importance to animals, or to savages, or even to most civilised men. - Bertrand Russell

41. Do not let it be your aim to be something, but to be someone. - Victor Hugo

42. At a time when we aim to accelerate our efforts to achieve the Millennium Development Goals and define a bold agenda for the period beyond 2015, the role of charity can and should grow. U.N. bodies such as the U.N. Volunteers Programme and UNICEF offer venues for people across the world to get involved - Ban Ki-moon.

arrows-2889040_960_720.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer