Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-08 16:37:02

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Aesthetic Quotes

Aesthetic Quotes

1. Might we... be doing something with our brains that cannot be described in computational terms at all? How do our feelings of conscious awareness - of happiness, pain, love, aesthetic sensibility, will, understanding, etc. - fit into such a computational picture? - Roger Penrose

2. I don't believe that to be mainstream you have to be foolish. I don't think you have to be a buffoon to sell. I think you can be logical, aesthetic and still work within the mainstream format. - Mani Ratnam

3. Art is an invention of aesthetics, which in turn is an invention of philosophers... What we call art is a game. - Octavio Paz

4. If a work of art is rich and vital and complete, those who have artistic instincts will see its beauty, and those to whom ethics appeal more strongly than aesthetics will see its moral lesson. It will fill the cowardly with terror, and the unclean will see in it their own shame. - Oscar Wilde

5. The fact that the colors in the flower have evolved in order to attract insects to pollinate it is interesting; that means insects can see the colors. That adds a question: does this aesthetic sense we have also exist in lower forms of life? - Richard P. Feynman

6. In our view the Olympic idea involves a strong physical culture supplemented on the one hand by mobility, what is so aptly called 'fair play', and on the other hand by aesthetics, that is the cultivation of what is beautiful and graceful. - Pierre de Coubertin

7. Let architects sing of aesthetics that bring Rich clients in hordes to their knees; Just give me a home, in a great circle dome Where stresses and strains are at ease. - R. Buckminster Fuller

8. I think decor says a lot about someone's social position, their taste, their sensibility, their work - and also about the aesthetic way I have chosen to tell their story. - Pedro Almodovar

9. Nature holds the key to our aesthetic, intellectual, cognitive and even spiritual satisfaction. - E. O. Wilson

10. Buildings designed with careful attention to aesthetics arouse and enlighten their occupants and that promotes their good health. Robert Evans

11. Design must reflect the practical and aesthetic in business but above all... good design must primarily serve people. - Thomas J. Watson

12. Mathematics as an expression of the human mind reflects the active will, the contemplative reason, and the desire for aesthetic perfection. Its basic elements are logic and intuition, analysis and construction, generality and individuality. - Richard Courant.

1*_iUbWWBsR5BhhXY6aPuRHA.jpeg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer