Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-26 18:09:16

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Marriage Quotes

Marriage Quotes

1. By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

2. Marriage is neither heaven nor hell, it is simply purgatory. - Abraham Lincoln

3. One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry. - Oscar Wilde

4. There's only one way to have a happy marriage and as soon as I learn what it is I'll get married again. - Clint Eastwood

5. For marriage to be a success, every woman and every man should have her and his own bathroom. The end. - Catherine Zeta-Jones

6. Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, half shut afterwards. - Benjamin Franklin

7. There is nothing nobler or more admirable than when two people who see eye to eye keep house as man and wife, confounding their enemies and delighting their friends. - Homer

8. There were three of us in this marriage, so it was a bit crowded. - Princess Diana

9. Marriage is an adventure, like going to war. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

10. If I get married, I want to be very married. - Audrey Hepburn

11. Bachelors have consciences, married men have wives. - Samuel Johnson

12. Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance. - Jane Austen

13. There is nothing in the world like the devotion of a married woman. It is a thing no married man knows anything about. - Oscar Wilde

14. No man is regular in his attendance at the House of Commons until he is married. Benjamin Disraeli

15. Marriage is an alliance entered into by a man who can't sleep with the window shut, and a woman who can't sleep with the window open. - George Bernard Shaw

16. Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel. - Leonardo da Vinci

17. Friendship is the marriage of the soul, and this marriage is liable to divorce. - Voltaire

18. Wit is the sudden marriage of ideas which, before their union, were not perceived to have any relation. - Mark Twain

19. Regarding marriage, it - somehow, it didn't happen. One fellow in such a big family not getting married is not an issue. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

20. A marriage is no amusement but a solemn act, and generally a sad one. - Queen Victoria

21. Experts on romance say for a happy marriage there has to be more than a passionate love. For a lasting union, they insist, there must be a genuine liking for each other. Which, in my book, is a good definition for friendship. - Marilyn Monroe

22. The trend of opinion among eugenists is that we must make marriage more difficult. Certainly no one who is not a desirable parent should be permitted to produce progeny. - Nikola Tesla

23. In marriage do thou be wise: prefer the person before money, virtue before beauty, the mind before the body; then thou hast a wife, a friend, a companion, a second self. - William Penn

24. After about 20 years of marriage, I'm finally starting to scratch the surface of what women want. And I think the answer lies somewhere between conversation and chocolate. - Mel Gibson

25. It was the only ambition I ever had - not to be a dancer or Hollywood movie star, but to be a housewife in a good marriage - Doris Day.

apd-marriage-is-important.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer