Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-14 18:09:57

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Design Quotes

Design Quotes

1. You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality. - Walt Disney

2. Many things difficult to design prove easy to performance. - Samuel Johnson

3. Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks. But of course, if you dig deeper, it's really how it works. - Steve Jobs

4. In the end, I hope there's a little note somewhere that says I designed a good computer. - Steve Wozniak

5. If you have 50 different plug types, appliances wouldn't be available and would be very expensive. But once an electric outlet becomes standardized, many companies can design appliances, and competition ensues, creating variety and better prices for consumers. - Bill Gates

6. Interior design is a business of trust. - Venus Williams

7. A lot of people in our industry haven't had very diverse experiences. So they don't have enough dots to connect, and they end up with very linear solutions without a broad perspective on the problem. The broader one's understanding of the human experience, the better design we will have. - Steve Jobs

8. In both business and personal life, I've always found that travel inspires me more than anything else I do. Evidence of the languages, cultures, scenery, food, and design sensibilities that I discover all over the world can be found in every piece of my jewelry. - Ivanka Trump

9. Most companies target women as end users, but few are effectively utilizing female employees when it comes to innovating for female consumers. When women are empowered in the design and innovation process, the likelihood of success in the marketplace improves by 144%! - Indra Nooyi

10. I always consider the settlement of America with reverence and wonder, as the opening of a grand scene and design in providence, for the illumination of the ignorant and the emancipation of the slavish part of mankind all over the earth. - John Adams

11. I have always had an interest in fashion and design and I appreciate style and timelessness within my footwear and accessories both on and off the court. - Maria Sharapova

12. I think fashion is a lot of fun. I love clothes. More than fashion or brand labels, I love design. I love the thought that people put into clothes. I love when clothes make cultural statements and I think personal style is really cool. I also freely recognize that fashion should be a hobby. - Anne Hathaway

13. I'd like to design something like a city or a museum. I want to do something hands on rather than just play golf which is the sport of the religious right. - Brad Pitt

14. The key to making things affordable is design and technology improvements, as well as scale. - Elon Musk

15. People who run a ready-to-wear company are businessmen rather than production or design people. - Calvin Klein

16. The moment you design the post of a HR manager in the police, your whole outlook towards your team changes. You designate an official to look after their health, their professional needs, their preparedness and motivation, which in most cases becomes quintessential. - Kiran Bedi

17. Design is the fundamental soul of a man-made creation that ends up expressing itself in successive outer layers of the product or service. The iMac is not just the color or translucence or the shape of the shell. The essence of the iMac is to be the finest possible consumer computer in which each element plays together. - Steve Jobs

18. Books are but waste paper unless we spend in action the wisdom we get from thought - asleep. When we are weary of the living, we may repair to the dead, who have nothing of peevishness, pride, or design in their conversation. - William Butler Yeats

19. I'm a total control freak and love to participate in the design of every single aspect of life. - Drew Barrymore

20. I'm not really a fashion designer. I just love clothes. I've never been to design school. I can't sketch. I can't cut patterns and things. I can shorten things. I can make a dress out of a scarf. - Kate Moss

21. It was Einstein's dream to discover the grand design of the universe, a single theory that explains everything. However, physicists in Einstein's day hadn't made enough progress in understanding the forces of nature for that to be a realistic goal. - Stephen Hawking

22. The design of the Mac wasn't what it looked like, although that was part of it. Primarily, it was how it worked. To design something really well, you have to get it. You have to really grok what it's all about. It takes a passionate commitment to really thoroughly understand something, chew it up, not just quickly swallow it. - Steve Jobs

23. If I designed a computer with 200 chips, I tried to design it with 150. And then I would try to design it with 100. I just tried to find every trick I could in life to design things real tiny. - Steve Wozniak

24. So we originally expected to make about 35 gigawatt hours at the cell level and about 50 gigawatt hours at the module or pack level. Now we are expecting to do about 150 gigawatt hours in the same volumetric space as the original design. - Elon Musk

25. Web users ultimately want to get at data quickly and easily. They don't care as much about attractive sites and pretty design. - Tim Berners-Lee.

media_about-designs.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer