Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-03-23 19:49:58

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Music Quotes

Music Quotes

1. One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain. - Bob Marley

2. Where words fail, music speaks. - Hans Christian Andersen

3. Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

4. Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring tears from the eyes of woman. - Ludwig van Beethoven

5. After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music. - Aldous Huxley

6. Music is the strongest form of magic. - Marilyn Manson

7. You are the music while the music lasts. - T. S. Eliot

8. Hell is full of musical amateurs. - George Bernard Shaw

9. There is pleasure in the pathless woods, there is rapture in the lonely shore, there is society where none intrudes, by the deep sea, and music in its roar; I love not Man the less, but Nature more. - Lord Byron

10. Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music. - Ronald Reagan

11. Like music and art, love of nature is a common language that can transcend political or social boundaries. - Jimmy Carter

12. Music is the universal language of mankind. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

13. A good compromise, a good piece of legislation, is like a good sentence; or a good piece of music. Everybody can recognize it. They say, 'Huh. It works. It makes sense.' -  Barack Obama

14. There is geometry in the humming of the strings, there is music in the spacing of the spheres. - Pythagoras

15. The man that hath no music in himself, Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems and spoils. - William Shakespeare

16. Music is the voice that tells us that the human race is greater than it knows. - Napoleon Bonaparte

17. For I have learned to look on nature, not as in the hour of thoughtless youth, but hearing oftentimes the still, sad music of humanity. - William Wordsworth

18. Rock and roll music, if you like it, if you feel it, you can't help but move to it. That's what happens to me. I can't help it.' - Elvis Presley

19. Music fills the infinite between two souls. - Rabindranath Tagore

20. There is nothing stable in the world; uproar's your only music. - John Keats

21. He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice. - Albert Einstein

22. Change is the only constant, whether it's in music, culture, dance or fashion. - Sonu Nigam

23. Poetry fettered, fetters the human race. Nations are destroyed or flourish in proportion as their poetry, painting, and music are destroyed or flourish. - William Blake

24. Soul music is timeless. - Alicia Keys

25. The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with. - Bruce Springsteen

26. How to play music may be known. At the commencement of the piece, all the parts should sound together. As it proceeds, they should be in harmony while severally distinct and flowing without break, and thus on to the conclusion. - Confucius

27. I think playback singing has a lot to do with voice acting. I would suggest to all the youngsters to understand the character, situation, and the story behind the songs. That is when you can add soul to the rendition which, I think, is missing in today's music. - Lata Mangeshkar

28. Music is the pleasure the human mind experiences from counting without being aware that it is counting. - Gottfried Leibniz

29. I don't understand why the press is so interested in speculating about my appearance, anyway. What does my face have to do with my music or my dancing? - Michael Jackson

30. I feel blessed and humbled that people have loved my music. Nothing would be possible without their acceptance. - A. R. Rahman

31. Music is a means of giving form to our inner feelings, without attaching them to events or objects in the world. - George Santayana

32. To have someone to relate to and hopefully enjoy the music and get a positive message out of it, to make the best music that we possibly could, those were the goals. - Janet Jackson

33. Medicine to produce health must examine disease; and music, to create harmony must investigate discord. - Plutarch

34. Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

35. Ilaiyaraaja is my most favourite music director. His music was my lullaby, his music was my food, his music was my childhood, his music was my first love, his music was my failure, his music was my first kiss, my first love failure, my success... he is in my blood. - Dhanush

36. Whether you want to go into music, whether you want to be a lawyer, whether you want to be President of the United States, the bottom line for all of you is that you have got to get your education. - Michelle Obama.

clipart-local-music-free-download-8.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer