Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-03-17 01:38:07

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Learning Quotes

Learning Quotes

1. Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. - Benjamin Franklin

2. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mahatma Gandhi

3. We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

4. Learning never exhausts the mind. - Leonardo da Vinci

5. Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school. - Albert Einstein

6. There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

7. I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. - Winston Churchill

8. We learned about honesty and integrity - that the truth matters... that you don't take shortcuts or play by your own set of rules... and success doesn't count unless you earn it fair and square. - Michelle Obama

9. He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger. - Confucius

10. Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning. - Bill Gates

11. God lets everything happen for a reason. It's all a learning process, and you have to go from one level to another. - Mike Tyson

12. I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

13. I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen. - Ernest Hemingway

14. He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

15. A single conversation across the table with a wise man is better than ten years mere study of books. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

16. We are the creative force of our life, and through our own decisions rather than our conditions, if we carefully learn to do certain things, we can accomplish those goals. - Stephen Covey

17. Without pain, there would be no suffering, without suffering we would never learn from our mistakes. To make it right, pain and suffering is the key to all windows, without it, there is no way of life. - Angelina Jolie

18. I am a woman in process. I'm just trying like everybody else. I try to take every conflict, every experience, and learn from it. Life is never dull. - Oprah Winfrey

19. The person you consider ignorant and insignificant is the one who came from God, that he might learn bliss from grief and knowledge from gloom. - Khalil Gibran

20. Everything I learned I learned from the movies. - Audrey Hepburn

21. Words are but wind; and learning is nothing but words; ergo, learning is nothing but wind. - Jonathan Swift

22. Life is a series of experiences, each one of which makes us bigger, even though sometimes it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward. - Henry Ford

23. Losers live in the past. Winners learn from the past and enjoy working in the present toward the future. Denis Waitley

24. I try to learn from the past, but I plan for the future by focusing exclusively on the present. That's where the fun is. - Donald Trump

25. Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. - Pele

26. There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. - Colin Powell

27. Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young. - Henry Ford

28. Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other. - John F. Kennedy

29. The learning and knowledge that we have, is, at the most, but little compared with that of which we are ignorant. - Plato

30. You aren't learning anything when you're talking. - Lyndon B. Johnson

31. Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning. - Thomas Jefferson

32. Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on. - Samuel Butler

33. The important thing is to learn a lesson every time you lose. Life is a learning process and you have to try to learn what's best for you. Let me tell you, life is not fun when you're banging your head against a brick wall all the time. - John McEnroe

34. If you're going to go through hell... I suggest you come back learning something. - Drew Barrymore

35. As I enter a new phase of life and my circle broadens, I start learning new things. - Kapil Dev

36. Be passionate and bold. Always keep learning. You stop doing useful things if you don't learn. So the last part to me is the key, especially if you have had some initial success. It becomes even more critical that you have the learning 'bit' always switched on. - Satya Nadella

benefits-of-online-learning-graphic.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer