Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-03-15 18:36:56

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Leadership Quotes

Leadership Quotes

1. A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way. - John C. Maxwell

2. Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership. - Colin Powell

3. Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

4. It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership. - Nelson Mandela

5. A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

6. Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other. - John F. Kennedy

7. A leader is a dealer in hope. - Napoleon Bonaparte

8. Leadership to me means duty, honor, country. It means character, and it means listening from time to time. - George W. Bush

9. Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it's amazing what they can accomplish. - Sam Walton

10. The task of the leader is to get his people from where they are to where they have not been. - Henry Kissinger

11. A leader who doesn't hesitate before he sends his nation into battle is not fit to be a leader. - Golda Meir

12. The art of leadership is saying no, not saying yes. It is very easy to say yes. - Tony Blair

13. It is better to have a lion at the head of an army of sheep, than a sheep at the head of an army of lions. - Daniel Defoe

14. Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower. - Steve Jobs

15. People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. The leader leads, and the boss drives. - Theodore Roosevelt

16. The great leaders have always stage-managed their effects. - Charles de Gaulle

17. Effective leadership is putting first things first. Effective management is discipline, carrying it out. - Stephen Covey

18. The test of leadership is not to put greatness into humanity, but to elicit it, for the greatness is already there. - James Buchanan

19. In a world of complex threats, our security and leadership depends on all elements of our power - including strong and principled diplomacy. - Barack Obama

20. I know of no single formula for success. But over the years I have observed that some attributes of leadership are universal and are often about finding ways of encouraging people to combine their efforts, their talents, their insights, their enthusiasm and their inspiration to work together. - Leadership is the other side of the coin of loneliness, and he who is a leader must always act alone. And acting alone, accept everything alone. - Ferdinand Marcos

21. I know of no single formula for success. But over the years I have observed that some attributes of leadership are universal and are often about finding ways of encouraging people to combine their efforts, their talents, their insights, their enthusiasm and their inspiration to work together. - Queen Elizabeth II

22. Leadership is having a compelling vision, a comprehensive plan, relentless implementation, and talented people working together. - Alan Mulally

23. Educationists should build the capacities of the spirit of inquiry, creativity, entrepreneurial and moral leadership among students and become their role model. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

24. Leadership is a choice, not a position. - Stephen Covey

25. As a woman leader, I thought I brought a different kind of leadership. I was interested in women's issues, in bringing down the population growth rate... as a woman, I entered politics with an additional dimension - that of a mother. - Benazir Bhutto

26. Don't necessarily avoid sharp edges. Occasionally they are necessary to leadership. - Donald Rumsfeld

27. Doing nothing while the middle class is hurting. That's not leadership. Loose regulations and lax enforcement. That's not leadership. That's abandoning our middle class. - Kamala Harris

28. There are good leaders who actively guide and bad leaders who actively misguide. Hence, leadership is about persuasion, presentation and people skills. - Shiv Khera

29. I talked about the need for American leadership, I talked about the importance of the United States to a more peaceful world, a world that has been quite turbulent in recent years, and needs a strong American anchor. - Condoleezza Rice

30. Absolute identity with one's cause is the first and great condition of successful leadership. - Woodrow Wilson.

Leadership.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer