Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-03-04 19:26:06

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Home Quotes

Home Quotes

1. The strength of a nation derives from the integrity of the home. - Confucius

2. He is happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

3. Love begins by taking care of the closest ones - the ones at home. - Mother Teresa

4. There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort. - Jane Austen

5. The home should be the treasure chest of living. - Le Corbusier

6. To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition, the end to which every enterprise and labor tends, and of which every desire prompts the prosecution. - Samuel Johnson

7. Home is where you feel at home and are treated well. - Dalai Lama

8. A house is not a home unless it contains food and fire for the mind as well as the body. - Benjamin Franklin

9. Home is where one starts from. - T. S. Eliot

10. Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country. - Margaret Thatcher

11. When it comes to developing character strength, inner security and unique personal and interpersonal talents and skills in a child, no institution can or ever will compare with, or effectively substitute for, the home's potential for positive influence. - Stephen Covey

12. Where there is righteousness in the heart, there is beauty in the character. When there is beauty in the character, there is harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, there is order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, there is peace in the world. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

13. So long as I'm Commander-in-Chief, we will sustain the strongest military the world has ever known. When you take off the uniform, we will serve you as well as you've served us - because no one who fights for this country should have to fight for a job, or a roof over their head, or the care that they need when they come home. - Barack Obama

14. I am a simple person; I come from a very simple home. We believe in enjoying life and what we have. - Vivek Oberoi

15. Swimming is normal for me. I'm relaxed. I'm comfortable, and I know my surroundings. It's my home. - Michael Phelps

16. No other planet in the solar system is a suitable home for human beings; it's this world or nothing. That's a very powerful perception. - Carl Sagan

17. We are a country where people of all backgrounds, all nations of origin, all languages, all religions, all races, can make a home. America was built by immigrants. - Hillary Clinton

18. Teach love, generosity, good manners and some of that will drift from the classroom to the home and who knows, the children will be educating the parents. - Roger Moore

19. In ninth grade, I came up with a new form of rebellion. I hadn't been getting good grades, but I decided to get all A's without taking a book home. I didn't go to math class, because I knew enough and had read ahead, and I placed within the top 10 people in the nation on an aptitude exam. - Bill Gates

20. Think you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home. - James Joyce

21. It is not, of course, complete yet - but some sentences were understood this afternoon... I feel that I have at last struck the solution of a great problem - and the day is coming when telegraph wires will be laid onto houses just like water or gas - and friends converse with each other without leaving home. - Alexander Graham Bell

22. Being home alone at night makes me a bit nervous. If I'm at home alone, I have to sleep on the sofa - I can't face going to bed. I'm there with the TV on and all the lights on. I'm not very brave about anything in life. In tennis, yes. In everything else, not very. - Rafael Nadal

23. New York City is home to so many people from so many places and the uniqueness of it is that you never feel a foreigner. English is almost hardly ever heard in the subway. In fact, it's weird. - Mira Nair

24. I have always drawn strength from being close to home. - Arthur Ashe

25. Greatness comes from fear. Fear can either shut us down and we go home, or we fight through it. - Lionel Richie

26. The killer app that got the world ready for appliances was the light bulb. So the light bulb is what wired the world. And they weren't thinking about appliances when they wired the world. They were really thinking about - they weren't putting electricity into the home. They were putting lighting into the home. - Jeff Bezos

27. The instruction we find in books is like fire. We fetch it from our neighbours, kindle it at home, communicate it to others, and it becomes the property of all. - Voltaire

28. I'd like to think that I'm a calm and sweet person. I tend to be very playful at home with my children, but in life... we have to fight our battles - our work battles, our political battles, our personal battles - and we're focused. - Angelina Jolie

29. I have 'Parents' magazine in my home. - Joe Biden

30. A woman should be home with the children, building that home and making sure there's a secure family atmosphere. - Mel Gibson

31. In so far as the government lands can be disposed of, I am in favor of cutting up the wild lands into parcels so that every poor man may have a home. - Abraham Lincoln

32. Analogies, it is true, decide nothing, but they can make one feel more at home. Sigmund Freud

921421-home-loan-interest-rate.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer