Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-03-03 21:52:54

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hope Quotes

Hope Quotes

1. Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Albert Einstein

2. We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

3. You may not always have a comfortable life and you will not always be able to solve all of the world's problems at once but don't ever underestimate the importance you can have because history has shown us that courage can be contagious and hope can take on a life of its own. - Michelle Obama

4. Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for. - Epicurus

5. All kids need is a little help, a little hope and somebody who believes in them. - Magic Johnson

6. We have always held to the hope, the belief, the conviction that there is a better life, a better world, beyond the horizon. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

7. I am prepared for the worst, but hope for the best. - Benjamin Disraeli

8. I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. - Dalai Lama

9.Hope is a waking dream. - Aristotle

10. All human wisdom is summed up in two words; wait and hope. - Alexandre Dumas

11. In the end, that's what this election is about. Do we participate in a politics of cynicism or a politics of hope? - Barack Obama

12. Lord save us all from old age and broken health and a hope tree that has lost the faculty of putting out blossoms. - Mark Twain

13. I always entertain great hopes. - Robert Frost

14. The sudden disappointment of a hope leaves a scar which the ultimate fulfillment of that hope never entirely removes. - Thomas Hardy

15. Hope is such a bait, it covers any hook. - Oliver Goldsmith

16. Little progress can be made by merely attempting to repress what is evil. Our great hope lies in developing what is good. - Calvin Coolidge

17. Hope is the word which God has written on the brow of every man. - Victor Hugo

18. The trouble with most people is that they think with their hopes or fears or wishes rather than with their minds. - Will Durant

19. Courage is like love; it must have hope for nourishment. - Napoleon Bonaparte

20. Youth is easily deceived because it is quick to hope. - Aristotle

21. I hope to stand firm enough to not go backward, and yet not go forward fast enough to wreck the country's cause. - Abraham Lincoln

22. Man needs, for his happiness, not only the enjoyment of this or that, but hope and enterprise and change. - Bertrand Russell

23. All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope. - Winston Churchill

24. Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. - Helen Keller

25. All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother. - Abraham Lincoln

26. I would like to tell the young men and women before me not to lose hope and courage. Success can only come to you by courageous devotion to the task lying in front of you. - C. V. Raman

27. You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end, each of us must work for his own improvement and, at the same time, share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. - Marie Curie

28. Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all. - Dale Carnegie

29. Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering, 'It will be happier.' - Alfred Lord Tennyson

30. I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse. Walt Disney

31. I think the most important thing is to keep active and to hope that your mind stays active. - Jane Goodall

32. I've always followed my heart and pursued my dreams, and I imagine that people find that inspiring. I hope that is the effect I have on my fans and people in general. I definitely want to project a positive energy out into the world. - Britney Spears

33. People crushed by laws, have no hope but to evade power. If the laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to the law; and those who have most to hope and nothing to lose will always be dangerous. - Edmund Burke

34. Our human compassion binds us the one to the other - not in pity or patronizingly, but as human beings who have learnt how to turn our common suffering into hope for the future. - Nelson Mandela

35. If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability. - Henry Ford

36. I hope everyone that is reading this is having a really good day. And if you are not, just know that in every new minute that passes you have an opportunity to change that. - Gillian Anderson.

istock_web.jpg?itok=mDRnIEzN

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer