Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-08 07:57:26

mathland

Not Easy To Let Go

I have been struggling with one particular sin since my preteen years.  At 56, I have not been able to free myself from this persisting sin that is damaging to the mind and soul. How many of you struggle with something that you so anxiously long to stop doing but cannot?

#2 2021-05-08 13:34:14

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: Not Easy To Let Go

I wan in the habit of smoking and alcohol. For close to 20 years. Fortunately, from 2010, I am a teetotaler. And strictly no tobacco from 2010. I feel much better. My health is improving.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#3 2021-05-09 04:20:47

mathland

ganesh wrote:

I wan in the habit of smoking and alcohol. For close to 20 years. Fortunately, from 2010, I am a teetotaler. And strictly no tobacco from 2010. I feel much better. My health is improving.

Bad habits are hard to break but doable. In my case, it is an ugly sin that has me crippled me for years. I pray for God to restore me to my former walk with Christ.

Last edited by mathland (2021-05-09 13:19:06)

#4 2021-05-09 10:47:37

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:

Bad habits are hard to break but doable. In my case, it is an ugly sin that has me crippled for years. I pray for God to restore me to my former walk with Christ.

Do able, yes, but takes a lot of determination. And courage.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#5 2021-05-09 13:23:44

mathland

ganesh wrote:
mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:

Bad habits are hard to break but doable. In my case, it is an ugly sin that has me crippled for years. I pray for God to restore me to my former walk with Christ.

Do able, yes, but takes a lot of determination. And courage.

You don't know my background. I am a Christian by faith & persuasion. I came to Christ long ago. There should be a change in my life that stands out, a change that the secular world cannot understand.  If surrendering to Jesus is not enough to change a person from a life of sin to a life of holiness, then the Bible becomes just another book of stories.

#6 2021-05-09 14:49:25

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Each person has a belief, faith.

They differ methods of worshipping, (I think some don't worship at all) -  some are believers, some are agnostics, some atheists, but the goal is leading a good life, in my opinion.

#7 2021-05-10 10:50:57

mathland

ganesh wrote:

Each person has a belief, faith.

They differ methods of worshipping, (I think some don't worship at all) -  some are believers, some are agnostics, some atheists, but the goal is leading a good life, in my opinion.

Are you saying that the main objective of religion is to make sure that people lead a good life? This is your understanding of religion.  Christianity is not a religion.  Christianity is a way of life.

Board footer