Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-14 23:55:20

User76777

Please remove these bad things from this website.

Please remove those dirty irritating bad dog photos and Examples. And some other animal examples and replace them with good one.

That girl and boy dog examples irritates me so much in ratio and proportion please replace it with something good non animal thing and there are many other dog examples and other animal things are there. Please replace then with something good non-animal thing. They are really bad and irritating. Chindern and I use your website. So please for their safety's sake. Please remove those things.

I'll edit this later.

#2 2021-02-16 08:38:18

Mathegocart

Re: Please remove these bad things from this website.

????? non-animals? What's wrong with animals?

The integral of hope is reality.
May bobbym have a wonderful time in the pearly gates of heaven.
He will be sorely missed.

#3 2021-02-16 15:17:27

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Please specify.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#4 2021-02-18 15:32:35

User7777

Mathegocart wrote:

????? non-animals? What's wrong with animals?

In this link   https://www.mathsisfun.com/algebra/index-pre-algebra.html

In both ratio and proportion section. There are dog examples expressed amorously. For example that girl and boy example in dog. I really hate that, besides it is immoral. Those examples should not be amorous. Please replace that dog girl boy example in ratio with something good and moral, non-amorous, non-animal like ratio of green marbles and white marbles. Please approve my request.

Its irritating and dangerous to see such thing like reciprocal of dog please replace it by something good and non-amorous, non-animal thing like reciprocal of Pencil, pen or something funny but not bad, misleading and morally wrong.

That dog gathering bones is also bad and makes me think of something unpleasant and disturbs me and other people too. Please also replace it with something good but not bad, animal thing. Please approve my requests I found the website really very good but some things on the website are really immoral, misleading and inappropriate which needs to be removed so that the website will be morally right, kids friendly and appropriate for study purpose and is not misleading.

There are many other bad examples too I will post here if you allow me to mention.

Last edited by User7777 (2021-02-19 15:29:00)

#5 2021-02-18 21:05:06

Bob
Administrator

hi User7777

Welcome to the forum.  I'm glad you have decided to join us.

I've had a look at the pages you specify.  All I see is cartoon pictures of dogs.  I cannot see anything wrong with them. Anatomically, they are simplified to avoid the sort of concern you seem to have.  I also did a 'google' search for children's books about dogs and there are thousands (no exaggeration) of similar pictures in books intended for children.  If there was a moral issue I'm sure it would have been picked up long before now.

In the UK dogs are kept as pets and most children love them.  I've just watched a BBC news item about how dogs are helping people manage during the covid lockdown.  I have passed your comments on to the MIF site creator but I have to tell you, I think it's unlikely that these pictures will be changed.  If they upset you, I think you are just have to avoid those pages.

Let's stick to enjoying maths together.

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#6 2021-02-19 15:44:54

User7777

Bob wrote:

hi User7777

I've had a look at the pages you specify.  All I see is cartoon pictures of dogs.  I cannot see anything wrong with them. Anatomically, they are simplified to avoid the sort of concern you seem to have.  I also did a 'google' search for children's books about dogs and there are thousands (no exaggeration) of similar pictures in books intended for children.  If there was a moral issue I'm sure it would have been picked up long before now.

In the UK dogs are kept as pets and most children love them.  I've just watched a BBC news item about how dogs are helping people manage during the covid lockdown.  I have passed your comments on to the MIF site creator but I have to tell you, I think it's unlikely that these pictures will be changed.  If they upset you, I think you are just have to avoid those pages.

Bob

If those amorous images won't be changed then the website is not going to be popular for study purpose among many people. There aren't just cartoon images of animals on the website but real images too like shown in these links

www.mathsisfun.com/calculus/differential-equations.html

www.mathsisfun.com/data/analog-digital.html

I hope these types of texts and images to be removed and replaced by something good so that many people would enjoy studying on the website not just some particular people. You should think about the whole world not just UK.  Is there anything wrong in replacing those texts and images ? Some people including me don't like such bad things, so it should be replaced by something that everyone will accept. That would make learning math really fun.

I feel extremely unfortunate that I had to come in contact with these types of contents which I mustn't have met. I don't know how many more such bad things are there on the website. Please make sure no one else in the future will fall victim to such bad things. I feel like mathisfun.com is one of the dangerous website, although mathematics is explained in the website in a very simple and fun way. The website also has immoral contents too.

Last edited by User7777 (2021-02-19 16:55:43)

#7 2021-02-19 17:15:14

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi,

I don't think the links

Differential Equations,

Pre-Algebra,

and

Analog and Digital

are objectionable, or any others, in any manner anywhere in the world. 

All precautions are taken and every word in the

the website

is thoroughly scrutinized and after many checks, the site is published.

Your charges are baseless. Please refrain from allegations which have passed the tests earlier.

Please check the facts once again.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#8 2021-02-19 20:36:41

User7777

I don't agree with you. Anyway, I can only give good suggestions. I have no choice other than not to rely on the website for learning math, I will have to find some good mathematics books and rely on the website only when it is indispensable. Some of the contents on the website are really sickening even if Mathisfun.com is currently the best website for learning mathematics.

Last edited by User7777 (2021-02-20 05:29:38)

#9 2021-02-19 23:19:32

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

User7777 wrote:

I don't agree with you. Anyway, I can only give good suggestions. I have no choice other than not to rely on the website for learning math, I will have to find some good mathematics books offline.

I leave it to you!

#10 2021-02-20 08:12:21

irspow

Anything can be offensive to a person who relentlessly labors to find offense in anything that they can perceive or imagine. Something is very wrong in a world where people start to think they should never be offended or that such a world would be worth living in at all. Such a world would be a dark prison where no person could express themselves in any way at all to another being. Each man trapped within his own mind and hiding from the world. Yet the victim seekers would still find a way to be offended by their own thoughts. It is sad that our society has been encouraging this form of mental illness. They think they are helping the world by being offended instead of what they are actually doing to destroy it. The thought police will eventually come for everyone and anyone who thinks at all.

I am at an age where I have forgotten more than I remember, but I still pretend to know it all.

#11 2021-02-25 01:23:24

Mathegocart

User7777 wrote:
Bob wrote:

hi User7777

Bob

If those amorous images won't be changed then the website is not going to be popular for study purpose among many people. There aren't just cartoon images of animals on the website but real images too like shown in these links

www.mathsisfun.com/calculus/differential-equations.html

www.mathsisfun.com/data/analog-digital.html

I hope these types of texts and images to be removed and replaced by something good so that many people would enjoy studying on the website not just some particular people. You should think about the whole world not just UK.  Is there anything wrong in replacing those texts and images ? Some people including me don't like such bad things, so it should be replaced by something that everyone will accept. That would make learning math really fun.

I feel extremely unfortunate that I had to come in contact with these types of contents which I mustn't have met. I don't know how many more such bad things are there on the website. Please make sure no one else in the future will fall victim to such bad things. I feel like mathisfun.com is one of the dangerous website, although mathematics is explained in the website in a very simple and fun way. The website also has immoral contents too.

I will have to say quite frankly that I do not understand the nature of your complaint against MIF. The animals are alive(and presumably enjoying their lives), so it doesn't offend any vegans taking a look. I presume that you are of a religious bent, which I must say rather respectfully that viewing images of live, real animals is not offensive.

Also, the website has been transformed a plethora of times over the past years of MIF's existence and quite obviously does not only serve UK viewers of MIF.

Last edited by Mathegocart (2021-02-25 01:24:58)

The integral of hope is reality.
May bobbym have a wonderful time in the pearly gates of heaven.
He will be sorely missed.

#12 2021-03-16 21:22:16

User7777

Could you please remove these words from your reply

1. "The animals are alive(and presumably enjoying their lives), so"
2.  'live'

These words and sentences gives me extreme pain and channelises me something unpleasant.
Please edit your reply or simply copy and paste the following in your reply and edit it.

Last edited by User7777 (2021-03-16 21:28:29)

Board footer