Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-24 23:07:05

rachyroo

Hello!

Hi all smile
My name is Rachael and I teach Functional Skills maths at a College in Cheshire. I know my son's school uses mathsisfun so thought I would have a look myself & found myself here!

#2 2019-09-24 23:49:34

Bob
Administrator

Re: Hello!

hi Rachael

Welcome to the forum!

I'm really pleased that a school is using MIF. 

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#3 2019-09-24 23:57:33

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi Rachael,

Glad to learn MathsIsFun is of help.

Welcome to the forum!

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#4 2019-10-03 13:26:53

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi stivemorgan,

Welcome to the forum!

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#5 2019-10-17 13:01:30

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi seercalf,

Welcome to the forum!

#6 2019-11-27 19:12:02

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi Muneerabegam,

Welcome to the forum!

#7 2020-04-01 12:23:10

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi keiraec,

Welcome to the forum!

#8 2022-01-14 08:54:24

Mathegocart

Hello Rachael.

The integral of hope is reality.
May bobbym have a wonderful time in the pearly gates of heaven.
He will be sorely missed.

#9 2022-01-14 19:47:50

Bob
Administrator

hi Mathegocart and Ganesh,

I noticed that keiraec had a link to an essay writing website.  I have deleted the link. Normally I would remove the poster too, but what do you think?

Bob

You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei

#10 2022-01-14 21:27:31

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi Bob,

I feel let the post be suitably edited. Let's give an opportunity to the poster! Maybe, he/she is genuine!

#11 2022-01-14 23:14:15

zetafunc
Website

I say yes -- a google search of their e-mail address (include the quotation marks around it so you get exact matches) reveals the same poster also joined freemathhelp under the username 'e**aycr*tics' and 'Keira' claims to be a brand manager for the site. Moreover there are also a few blog sites you can find containing (IMO) obviously bogus reviews of the service.

What do I think? I think 'keiraec' has signed up to a bunch of forums like this one pretending to need help with something by copying and pasting someone else's question, when 'keiraec' is likely only interested in using our forum for the free ad space (note that they joined nearly two years ago and this was the only post they made). This strategy is a hallmark of people who sell e**ay-writing services online: they come to our forum and post something which looks genuine to try to 'fit in' but it almost always comes packaged with a third party link, either affixed to their profile, their signature, hidden somewhere in their post, etc. But that's just my opinion. smile

By the way, I think the same applies to 'Muneera123' in post #8 and 'stivemorgan' [sic] in post #4 who has also used their signature to advertise their e**ay services. I also previously deleted a post which came just before Mathegocart's which was doing the same thing (this is what bumped the thread up again so it looks as though there is a 2-year gap between posts #11 and #12), so clearly this thread attracts a lot of the same types of people. I imagine just using the word 'e**ay' attracts bots to this thread.

#12 2022-01-15 06:15:12

Bob
Administrator

Thanks zetafunc,

These others had slipped past me so thanks for the info.  It does look like that word attracts them so I've cleaned up all, and removed a welcome from me that no longer applies. Would you mind editing out the 'e' word please.

Ganesh: I have left your posts but would prefer you take out the ones that now have no context. Thank you

Bob

Board footer