Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-18 04:37:43

BlossomSpace

Hi from BlossomSpace (Do NOT click here)

Hiii...

You DID click to view this post. (I knew you would cool)

Hi!

I am BlossomSpace!

I am curious, how do you all choose your usernames? I always have trouble choosing my usernames. Username generators are not very helpful. (They don't generate the kind of username I want) A lot of the times I "reuse" my usernames, they are very similar. (In case you are wondering, this is an entirely new username I just came up with, if you want to find me on other websites)

Also, is this more like a forum for kids or adults?

The(/A) New User,
BlossomSpace big_smile

#2 2019-07-18 16:01:49

ganesh
Administrator

Re: Hi from BlossomSpace (Do NOT click here)

Hi BlossomSpace,

Welcome the the forum!

It is no good to try to stop knowledge from going forward. Ignorance is never better than knowledge - Enrico Fermi. 

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#3 2019-07-20 06:12:19

bob bundy
Administrator

hi BlossomSpace

We have adults and kids … no age restrictions.  Just like maths or want some help with it.

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob Bundy smile

#4 2019-07-21 15:41:08

Monox D. I-Fly

BlossomSpace wrote:

I am curious, how do you all choose your usernames?

Well, since you asked...

I chose "Monox D. I-Fly" as my username because "Monox" is my nickname when I was a 10[sup]th[/sup] grader. Why did I get "Monox" as my nickname back then? That's because when I was a Junior High School student, there was a humour contest show at TV and one of its contestant called himself as "Monox". My classmates thought of me as a funny person, so I was given that nickname. About the mid-name "D", I think you who loves One Piece manga should know: Yes. The mid-name "D" is a symbol of a special clan like the name of "Monkey D. Luffy", "Portgas D. Ace", "Marshall D. Teach", etc. And what about "I-Fly"? Don't be mistaken. It has nothing to do with flight at all. I just shortened my real full name: Faizal Yunus Ibrahim. Since in any book references last name comes first, then I switched it to be: Ibrahim, Faizal Yunus. And then I shortened it to be "I-Fly".
Now I'm going everywhere with this username. Try googling and type "Monox D. I-Fly" and you'll see that I've many accounts in many places.

Actually I never watch Star Wars and not interested in it anyway, but I choose a Yoda card as my avatar in honor of our great friend bobbym who has passed away. May his adventurous soul rest in peace at heaven.

#5 2019-07-21 17:34:01

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Welcome!

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

Board footer