Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-28 20:41:50

Leesajohnson

Introduction

I am Leesa Johnson, a Freelance math tutor, providing home tuition in the London city. I am connected here to discuss the latest topics in math subject.

advert removed

#2 2018-01-28 20:58:49

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: Introduction

Hi Leesajohnson,

Welcome to the forum!

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#3 2018-01-28 21:06:24

Bob
Administrator

hi Leesa

Welcome to the forum.

I have removed the advert from your signature.  Please read this:

http://www.mathisfunforum.com/misc.php?action=rules

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#4 2018-01-28 22:03:15

zetafunc
Website

Welcome!

#5 2018-10-03 22:49:04

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi Eva Wilson,

Welcome to the forum!

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#6 2018-10-06 22:44:43

iamaditya

Hi Leesajohnson,

Welcome to the forum.

bob bundy wrote:

hi Leesa

Welcome to the forum.

I have removed the advert from your signature.  Please read this:

http://www.mathisfunforum.com/misc.php?action=rules

Bob

It is not mentioned anywhere in the rules not to post an advert.

ganesh wrote:

Hi Eva Wilson,

Welcome to the forum!

Who is Eva Wilson?

Practice makes a man perfect.
There is no substitute to hard work
All of us do not have equal talents but everybody has equal oppurtunities to build their talents.-APJ Abdul Kalam

#7 2018-10-06 23:09:52

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi iamaditya,

The member posted here and here too sometime back in #9 and #4 respectively.

#8 2018-10-07 19:53:06

Bob
Administrator

hi iamaditya

No Spam. Spam includes messages that have no relevance to the topic, that are annoying, repetitious or promotional in nature.

I remove adverts because they are (1) sometimes math; (2) they 'clog' up the site with irrelevant rubbish; and (3) it's not fair to the paying sponsors to allow free advertising. If they stop supporting us the forum's very existence  is at risk.

Mostly, these posters join the forum; create one or more posts which contain an advert, either in the post or the signature, then we never hear from them again.

Just once, we had a genuine mathematician who posted a link to the sale of his maths book.  Bobbym had a word with him, and he removed the advert and replaced it with a link to a free download of the book.  That seemed like a good compromise.

Bob

You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei

#9 2018-10-07 20:24:29

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi davidjren,

Welcome to the forum!

#10 2018-10-08 05:05:34

iamaditya

bob bundy wrote:

hi iamaditya

No Spam. Spam includes messages that have no relevance to the topic, that are annoying, repetitious or promotional in nature.

I remove adverts because they are (1) sometimes math; (2) they 'clog' up the site with irrelevant rubbish; and (3) it's not fair to the paying sponsors to allow free advertising. If they stop supporting us the forum's very existence  is at risk.

Mostly, these posters join the forum; create one or more posts which contain an advert, either in the post or the signature, then we never hear from them again.

Just once, we had a genuine mathematician who posted a link to the sale of his maths book.  Bobbym had a word with him, and he removed the advert and replaced it with a link to a free download of the book.  That seemed like a good compromise.

Bob

Oh!

I wonder where did bobbym get the free download of the book? Nothing is available for free these days.

Practice makes a man perfect.
There is no substitute to hard work
All of us do not have equal talents but everybody has equal oppurtunities to build their talents.-APJ Abdul Kalam

#11 2018-10-08 19:23:24

Bob
Administrator

hi iamaditya

There's a thread on the forum that includes the discussion and the link to the download.  It was a while back and I've forgotten the details; sorry.

Bob

Board footer