Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-17 15:37:37

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

Fake Doors

Are you bored of real doors? Just having to open and walk through them all the time?

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

#2 2017-07-19 01:44:52

David

Re: Fake Doors

Agnishom wrote:

Are you bored of real doors? Just having to open and walk through them all the time?

I'm waiting for the time when I can walk through walls.

His dominion is an everlasting dominion, Which shall not pass away, And His kingdom the one Which shall not be destroyed.

#3 2017-07-19 19:09:51

Bob
Administrator

You could try opening a door and then not walking through it.

Until you can walk through walls I wouldn't recommend not opening a door and then walking through it.

What would an imaginary door be like?  And what would be on the other side?  (Play creepy music here)

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#4 2017-07-19 19:46:44

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'

#5 2017-07-20 01:14:27

Bob
Administrator

I'm not sure that imaginary doors are the same a real fake doors.  In the video you can clearly see the fake doors.  I was thinking of doors that are only in the imagination or maybe doors that only exist in the complex plane.  Maybe a door to hyperspace?

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#6 2017-07-21 03:11:35

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

That makes sense. I already live in the Riemann Sphere, though.

#7 2023-01-14 08:42:06

MNO

Teleportation I guess

#8 2023-01-14 13:36:29

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi MNO,

I changed your use name as mathsisfunforum may cause confusion.

If you need to change the username, to get a different name, post here and I can change.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#9 2023-01-16 06:06:52

MNO

It’s ok I’ll stick with MNO for now
Sorry I couldn’t think of a name to use when I made the account

#10 2024-01-10 19:54:33

KerimF

I have usually insisted to find the key to a locked door which looks related to my life and whose key is assumed out of reach. Then, I simply opened it and looked for another one to open.
Unfortunately, at age 74, I can't find more locked doors (unanswered crucial questions related to my existence and the real world) to also find their hidden keys sad

Being rational, math's door was among the easiest ones to open and gave me the chance to enjoy playing on its yard since I was teen till now.

Board footer