Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2005-09-21 11:29:51

jwright0466

I Need Help

I have a 2nd grader who brought home a workbook page from harcourt math book and I have no help to give him on this assignment. The only instructions are to "write a title for each group of plane shapes."  There are 4 sets of shapes. I saw another person had the same problem back in January by tmoye, but did not know how the answers came about to explain them to him. Please help me out. I am new to this site and will most likely use it again in the future. THANKS

#2 2005-09-21 17:27:59

ryos

Re: I Need Help

Who knows, man. Homework with no instructions is one of my greatest pet peeves with school.

My best guess is they want you to categorize the shapes under headings such as triangles, squares, rectangles, polygons, conics, etc.

The plus is that, with instructions that vague, the number of answers that work is much greater. There's no one "right answer" for each group, because if every shape in the group fits the bill, then your answer is correct.

El que pega primero pega dos veces.

#3 2006-08-23 10:58:06

amy

Re: I Need Help

My son has the same worksheet. And I can't help him out as well. This page is a year old though.

Board footer