Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-11 07:18:28

johnathon2
Real Member

please help me

i would like to know how many post you have to have to become a real member i know one person had 300 but i have know where near that and i also know that some one asked and became a real member so what do i actually have to do ill do anything eve if i have to stay up al night and put up more postjavascript:insert_text(':|',%20'');

great things come from great minds

#2 2007-12-11 16:55:21

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: please help me

Maybe more than 1000 posts! After 1000 posts you automatically become a super member! But strictly no spamming is permitted! Let it take its time, you would be a real member!

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#3 2007-12-12 01:54:27

mathsyperson

You become a Real Member just by asking MathsIsFun to make you one.
But to be honest, you're not missing out on anything.
The only extra thing that Real Members get is PM abilities, but that hardly ever gets used anyway.

Why did the vector cross the road?
It wanted to be normal.

#4 2017-03-09 15:47:03

Monox D. I-Fly

mathsyperson wrote:

You become a Real Member just by asking MathsIsFun to make you one.

Does he give some sort of requirements?

Actually I never watch Star Wars and not interested in it anyway, but I choose a Yoda card as my avatar in honor of our great friend bobbym who has passed away.
May his adventurous soul rest in peace at heaven.

#5 2017-03-09 17:02:04

bobbym
bumpkin

You become a Real Member just by asking MathsIsFun to make you one

Not exactly correct. The most famous and illustrious real members were given that honor without ever asking. One that I am thinking of in particular was asked by MIF himself to be a real member after he was a member for only 2 weeks! But this fellow was supernatural in his knowledge, poise, charm, good looks, etc. A real giant among men and women too and children of all ages. I remember him well.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#6 2017-03-09 23:55:02

iamaditya

ganesh wrote:

Maybe more than 1000 posts! After 1000 posts you automatically become a super member! But strictly no spamming is permitted! Let it take its time, you would be a real member!

In User list many people have thousand and more than that no. of posts still many of them are still "members". On the other hand many of them has less than thousand and hundred and very less posts and still they are moderators or real members. Administrators are only two bobbym and mathsisfun.  It seems that mif promotes those persons who are for very long time registered. The most recent registered user who is  promoted to a moderator or real member(according to user list) has registered in the year 2011. Still many old users do not have been promoted. I am also in a confusion for a struct rule or getting promoted by mif. Bob bundy had already explained me that due to some hackers who joined ago many trusted users where getting promoted to remove them. But...does that mean that no one will get promoted until another group of hackers join... Plz may i get this reply from Mathsisfun.

Practice makes a man perfect.
There is no substitute to hard work
All of us do not have equal talents but everybody has equal oppurtunities to build their talents.-APJ Abdul Kalam

#7 2017-03-10 03:21:36

CIV

How about you stay up all night and study math. Being amazing at math is way more important.

Board footer