Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-20 07:40:44

chen.aavaz

Image upload

Sorry guys, it may be a silly question, but how do I upload an image I have in my PC?

#2 2017-02-20 07:52:18

bobbym
bumpkin

Re: Image upload

Use imgur.com or some other site that lets you upload images to it.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#3 2017-02-21 00:25:49

Bob
Administrator

hi chen.aavaz

Welcome to the forum.

After an update to the forum some time ago it was no longer possible to upload directly in a post.

So now I store my images on imgur.com (there are other sites where you can do something similar) and then link to it using bc code.  Here's a set if instructions I made earlier:

http://www.mathisfunforum.com/viewtopic … 06#p352606

post #1686

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#4 2017-02-21 03:20:41

phrontister
Real Member

Hi chen.aavaz;

If for some reason you'd like to hide the image (eg, image too large for main post page, or if it's a spoiler) you can put it into a hidebox, like this:

[hyde][img]your image link[/img][/hyde]

Note: Change the 'y' in 'hyde' (both instances) to 'i' (if I'd typed 'i', then my instruction would have disappeared and become a hidebox...hence the 'trick').

Example:

The word "example" gives a name to the hidebox, and can be something you choose. If left blank, "Hidden Text" will appear in the box.

You can always learn from how others do things by clicking on the 'Quote' button in the bottom right-hand corner of their post (try it in mine).

Last edited by phrontister (2017-02-21 09:51:20)

"The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do." - Ted Nelson

Board footer