Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-07-18 22:49:53

Kurre

My homemade mathtest

hello all,

just a litte program i made when I was bored smile
http://rapidshare.de/files/26273889/Mt.exe.html

enjoy

PS. this is a very simple one, but i love programming and want to start on a much advanced version, but im running out of ideas, so please give feedback smile

#2 2006-07-18 23:52:50

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: My homemade mathtest

Hi Kurre, and welcome to the forum. smile

I was brave enough to try it out, but I wouldn't recommend anyone nowadays to download and run an "exe" file - it could be a virus, spyware or simply do nasty things to your computer. I am not saying YOU would, but it is just a principle OK?

Having got THAT out of the way - it looks like a good idea. The decreasing time bar sure put me under pressure. faint

You could have different difficulty levels, from single digit addition to multi-digit division. Even some algebra or word-based problems ("two trains are travelling ..." style)

But for the internet, don't use "exe"s try Java, Javascript or Flash.

I enjoy using SwishMax, which is a Flash development tool, they have a 15-day trial I think. If you like it then it is about $US 100 to buy, or you can buy Flash 8 Professional from Macromedia for $US 700. Your choice.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#3 2006-07-18 23:53:46

Zach

Re: My homemade mathtest

Don't use rapidshare. It's not rapid.

Boy let me tell you what:
I bet you didn't know it, but I'm a fiddle player too.
And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you.

Board footer