Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-07-13 23:13:35

DASET

Greetings To All

The way i see it, math is fun when it can be made simple and useful. The trick is to simplify math without losing accuracy, logic or that common sense feeling for what you are doing.

I want to pay my dues by helping with some of the theory and problem solving questions some of you may have in algebra, trig, geometry, vectors, tensors, calculus, etc. I'll comment where i can be most effective. Sometimes, i need help too. For example, the page on this site called MATH TAGS should be helpful to me.

My passion for the last few years involves the GEOMETRY OF ROTATION and the DYNAMICS OF RIGID BODIES. I've made several awesome discoveries in the theory and applications of these topics that i want to share with anyone interested. I invite you to visit my web site, see the page

http://www.dasetworks.com/ROT_VEC/ROT_VEC.html

Looking forward to any comments you may have on my web site. Also, I'm looking foward to sharing some math fun with you on this web site.

roflol

#2 2006-07-14 10:22:07

justlookingforthemoment

Re: Greetings To All

Welcome, Daset! So good of you to offer to help. Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

#3 2006-07-14 12:49:59

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Welcome to the forum, Daset.

I agree fully! Math should be made simple and useful, so the amazing concepts can reach a wider audience.

It is a constant challenge to simplify while maintaining accuracy. In fact you really can't maintain *full* accuracy - you need to teach the "general" idea, and then come back later and teach the exceptions.

I also find that images and animations are very useful, maybe because they involve more of the brain in the learning experience.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#4 2006-07-22 21:41:24

krassi_holmz
Real Member

Hi Daset.

IPBLE:  Increasing Performance By Lowering Expectations.

#5 2006-07-26 14:51:54

George,Y

Remember to call on here when you have time..

X'(y-Xβ)=0

#6 2006-12-26 22:49:20

soha
Real Member

Welcome Daset

"Let us realize that: the privilege to work is a gift, the power to work is a blessing, the love of work is success!" smile smile
- David O. McKay

Board footer