Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-30 19:28:33

palmer_stone

Maths Help

K-12 students are stressed about learning maths. It becomes a mental stress for them. How can they be helped to enhance stress free learning?

#2 2010-12-30 20:19:10

bobbym
bumpkin

Re: Maths Help

Hi palmer_stone;

How can they be helped to enhance stress free learning?

Not possible. All learning is stressful. It represents a change deep inside a person and who does not find change stressful? With all these modern progressive ways of teaching students they are still stressed. They always will be. How can they better deal with stress? That's what sports and competition is for!

For the one's who hate math, they are venting their stress. For the one's who love it they are in their element. Your problem is the group in the middle...

If the teacher loves math, I mean really loves it, some of that will get to his/her students. Enthusiasm is the most powerful teaching weapon available, it is contagious.
Some teachers even got through to me so no one is immune.

Welcome to the forum and a Happy New Year!

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#3 2016-03-01 20:58:14

Monox D. I-Fly

bobbym wrote:

If the teacher loves math, I mean really loves it, some of that will get to his/her students.

Some math teachers don't even love math, though. They chose that job only because it looks promising and gives a decent amount of money.

Actually I never watch Star Wars and not interested in it anyway, but I choose a Yoda card as my avatar in honor of our great friend bobbym who has passed away.
May his adventurous soul rest in peace at heaven.

#4 2016-03-02 10:45:04

bobbym
bumpkin

Lots of people are doing jobs they hate only because of the money. That is the worst fate possible.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

Board footer