Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-06-19 19:36:36

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Number Block Puzzles

Hot off the press: Number Block Puzzles

It took a surprising amount of work to get this functioning. It kept on doing silly things, like blocks disappearing, "underneath" bits showing through and so on. But it is largely working now.

I have tried it on a couple of non-mathematicians, and they enjoyed them.

But I need your help! There are just not enough puzzles, and not well organised.

So, please suggest new puzzles, and in what order they would be helpful, and maybe for what age group. (Use the box at the bottom to add or remove blocks, then arrange them and press the "Shape Text" button - I will include the good ones in the next version.)

As usual, all suggestions and comments welcome!

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#2 2006-06-20 01:23:25

Ricky

Re: Number Block Puzzles

There aren't any puzzles above 14 or so.  Also, I would recommend a back button.

Pretty fun game.  Nicely done.

"In the real world, this would be a problem.  But in mathematics, we can just define a place where this problem doesn't exist.  So we'll go ahead and do that now..."

#3 2006-06-20 09:30:34

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Thanks Ricky. Yep - 14 is all so far ... need more, and they should be gradually harder with new concepts to be learnt.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#4 2006-06-20 13:33:33

Ricky

But don't you think you should have a "You finished all the puzzles" instead of just empty ones?

"In the real world, this would be a problem.  But in mathematics, we can just define a place where this problem doesn't exist.  So we'll go ahead and do that now..."

Board footer