Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-05-21 05:08:21

Mathaphobe

do you procrationate?

what do you procratonate and why?
__________________________________________________|

Do you like my new avatar? (even if you don't i do smile)
(it's victor from oh my gods)
-An Incremental Development

#2 2006-05-22 10:34:45

ryos

Re: do you procrationate?

I procrastinate when I have the time. I've found that in college, I don't have time to procrastinate! That's because I have to manage my time very carefully, and pretty much all of it is booked for homework/reading/class/work. If you do everything at the last minute, but only because every other minute was filled with other homework, does that count as procrastination?

Luckily, that's all done with for a few months...now I have to make myself work on web sites for money. smile

El que pega primero pega dos veces.

#3 2006-05-22 12:08:12

MathsIsFun
Administrator

ryos wrote:

Luckily, that's all done with for a few months...now I have to make myself work on web sites for money. smile

You can work on *this* website FOR FREE! smile

I never procrastinate, and I can tell you why if I have time later on.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#4 2006-05-22 21:29:46

justlookingforthemoment

LOL!

Mathaphobe, did you post this just so you could procrastinate? smile

I procrastinate with most things. And then, once I've actually started, and got into the swing of things, I just can't stop! Someone has to yell at me first.

Examples: assignments, going to bed at night, having a shower, reading set novels (actually, there is just one I can think of), replying to email, revising (for tests especially), music practise ... hang on, maybe I should be doing that now. big_smile

#5 2006-05-29 03:46:42

George,Y

I postpone things less important.

X'(y-Xβ)=0

#6 2006-05-29 04:56:37

stardust

I only ever seem to have the urge to tidy my room or do some gardening when i have lots of work to do. Actually, pullling out some really stubbon weeds is quite satisfying if you are really stressed with revision.

#7 2006-05-29 23:10:04

George,Y

I tidy my room usually when I have to-otherwise I won't find my stuff. big_smile

X'(y-Xβ)=0

#8 2006-06-01 17:06:32

RealEstateBroker

I have found that a major source of procrastination for me is a feeling that I have so much to do that it is overwhelming, and the one, little thing which I am thinking of doing now will be insignificant and make not real impact. Of course, I realize that this reasoning is self-defeating. Understanding the mental dynamic does not necessarily make it go away, but it does help to give me some motivation to ignore the mental knots and just get started.

Love is what matters most!

#9 2006-06-05 00:08:18

Ninja 101

Define that please and i will tell you (and define lol PLEASE i'm very confused about that one)

Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being saught. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.

#10 2006-06-05 20:31:12

justlookingforthemoment

Procrastination
Wikipedia says: Procrastination is the deferment or putting-off of an action or task, usually by focusing on some other distraction (compare temporisation). It is Latin for "foremorrowing," or making some such of tomorrow.
Google says:
- the act of procrastinating; putting off or delaying or defering an action to a later time
- dilatoriness: slowness as a consequence of not getting around to it

LOL
Just short for laugh out loud.

Lollerskates_blk.gif

#11 2006-06-05 21:52:14

luca-deltodesco

i always procraastinate, and it gets really annoying sometimes when i leave LOADS of work till the last minute, and end up rushing or not getting it done

in the case that i dont have a deadline, it often means i just give up on it

The Beginning Of All Things To End.
The End Of All Things To Come.

#12 2006-06-05 23:59:28

Ninja 101

oh well if that's what it is i can safley say i do that a lot

Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being saught. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.

Board footer