Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-05-14 11:28:10

stormswimmer

Help Please

Can anyone help me with Boolean Algebra
((A+B)B')+AB
Does anyone understand this
or this
Find all ordered pairs (A, B) that satisfy the following expression: (A + B)' ((AB)')

#2 2006-05-14 18:47:40

Ricky

Re: Help Please

I've always hated boolean algebra, but only because I can never remeber whether plus or multiplication is and or or.

((A+B)B')+AB

((A v B) ^ ~B) v (A ^ B)

The easiest way to do this is to make a truth table:

A | B
------
0 | 0
0 | 1
1 | 0
1 | 1

Then plug each of the values in.  For the first ordered pair (0,0), it would be:

((0+0)0') + 0*0 which is (0*1) + (0) which is 0.

Try the others, post your results here and we can check them for you.

"In the real world, this would be a problem.  But in mathematics, we can just define a place where this problem doesn't exist.  So we'll go ahead and do that now..."

#3 2006-05-18 02:20:47

ikirs

Can anyone help me to find some text about any matter (or topic) of mathematics. Because I have to write an essay and it should be about 2 pages long so that I could use it.

#4 2006-05-18 03:07:35

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

ikirs,
Your seeking help on any topic in mathematics leaves a lot of options open. You haven't specified at what level of school/university you are.

However, I shall give some links on some interesting topics in mathematics, you may choose from these.

Pythagoras Theorem

Logarithms

Sieve of Eratosthenes

Polygons

De Moivre's Theorem :- Use the hyperlinks given.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer