Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ π -

Login

Username

Password

Not registered yet?

#1 2006-05-04 15:45:55

Zmurf

Anyone Read 'Space' by Stephan Baxter?

Halfway through this book and I must say ... WOW! For anyone who loves fiction, and loves astronomy and cosmology, this is the ultimate book. It ties real theories into and epic sci-fi novel. Anyone else read it?

"When subtracted from 180, the sum of the square-root of the two equal angles of an isocoles triangle squared will give the square-root of the remaining angle squared."

#2 2006-05-06 02:07:12

ganesh

Re: Anyone Read 'Space' by Stephan Baxter?

I haven't, but I shall get the book as soon as I can. I love reading sci-fi related to astronomy, particularly Isaac Asimov.

Asimov's three laws of robotics:

A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

#3 2006-05-06 11:52:50

Tigeree
Legendary Member

ha ha zmurf cool name lol

People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy.
~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#4 2006-05-11 16:06:31

Zmurf

Lol. Alright. tongue

"When subtracted from 180, the sum of the square-root of the two equal angles of an isocoles triangle squared will give the square-root of the remaining angle squared."

Board footer