Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-05-03 17:45:55

Zmurf

Anyone Read 'Space' by Stephan Baxter?

Halfway through this book and I must say ... WOW! For anyone who loves fiction, and loves astronomy and cosmology, this is the ultimate book. It ties real theories into and epic sci-fi novel. Anyone else read it?

"When subtracted from 180, the sum of the square-root of the two equal angles of an isocoles triangle squared will give the square-root of the remaining angle squared."

#2 2006-05-05 04:07:12

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: Anyone Read 'Space' by Stephan Baxter?

I haven't, but I shall get the book as soon as I can. I love reading sci-fi related to astronomy, particularly Isaac Asimov.

Asimov's three laws of robotics:

A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#3 2006-05-05 13:52:50

Tigeree

ha ha zmurf cool name lol

People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy.
~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#4 2006-05-10 18:06:31

Zmurf

Lol. Alright. tongue

"When subtracted from 180, the sum of the square-root of the two equal angles of an isocoles triangle squared will give the square-root of the remaining angle squared."

Board footer