Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-03-04 11:27:18

John E. Franklin

worksheet on numbering musical notes

I made a worksheet on numbering musical notes, that says " to be continued" at the end, but I forgot to login for it.   Date made was 04March at 23:15 UTC.  Can you tell me what I named it so I can find it.  I searched on "music", "musical", "note", etc, to no avail.  Thanks a lot.

igloo myrtilles fourmis

#2 2006-03-04 11:42:31

justlookingforthemoment

Re: worksheet on numbering musical notes

Was it this one? It doesn't have 'to be continued...' at the end, and I might be looking in completely the section, but that's what I found. It's called 'numbering musical notes for fun'.

Edit: Yes, it does actually have 'to be continued' at the end, on the answers page. smile

#3 2006-03-04 14:12:08

John E. Franklin

Thanks for finding it for me!  If I add more, I'll login next time.  It's too bad there isn't a warning that says you won't be able to update it in the future if you don't login and become the author.

igloo myrtilles fourmis

#4 2006-03-04 21:22:18

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Maybe I should just say "you gotta log in for this"

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#5 2006-05-09 14:23:11

John E. Franklin

It's fine the way it is because then visitors can make worksheets, so I wouldn't prohibit that.
I like the fact that someone can do things without signing up if they are in a rush, I guess.
Then when they are ready, they can become a member.  Actually, that's how I started on this forum,
as a visitor for a couple days.

igloo myrtilles fourmis

#6 2006-05-09 23:23:13

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Good, thanks for that. That was the idea I was operating on.

For me, having to sign up on websites to do small things can be annoying, so I try to make it easy for guests. But then spam becomes a problem. Ah well.

So, is it easy to log into the worksheets for you? Your forum login works OK?

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#7 2006-05-16 02:21:18

John E. Franklin

Yes, I just made an easy counting worksheet and it is editable by me so logging in works fine.
The "Numbering musical notes for fun" one can just stay as it is I guess since its author is guest, so I can't update it, but that's okay.   That's one of them I made without logging in by mistake.  Also, using the Opera browser works with the worksheets.

igloo myrtilles fourmis

#8 2006-05-16 11:19:26

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Good to know.

BTW your signature says "I enjoy the music of Alison Krauss, Jo Dee Messina, and Winter by Antonio Vivaldi." Winter is indeed a masterpiece, it is not only good music, it sounds wintery. Can you recommend a song by Alison Krauss, and Jo Dee Messina?

#9 2006-05-20 10:49:30

John E. Franklin

My favorite Alison Krauss song is "On the Borderline" on the "Too Late To Cry" Album.  (Not to be confused with the "Borderline" song on the "Lonely Runs Both Ways" album.)   The words are quite interesting, like a story, and the music is very good.
My favorite part of a song by Jo Dee Messina is the first 30 seconds of "Bye Bye" on the "I'm Alright" album.   I like the guitar licks and the singing.  I heard that song on the radio long ago and that's how I got interested in Jo Dee, and I have seen her in concert at the Caledonia County Fair because her father is from St. Johnsbury, Vermont, and I saw Alison Krauss once too in New York State, but unfortunately not Vivaldi!!

igloo myrtilles fourmis

Board footer