Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-08 09:53:41

PatternMan

Worksheets and stuff

Hi I'm going to try and teach a couple of people algebra. I was wondering if anyone knew any free programs (online or downloadable) that I could use to make worksheets. I just need something to help me put in explanations and examples. Then I need to put in some exercises and a few theoretical problems at the end. Anyway it's just basic stuff.

At the moment I have only daum equation editor and microsoft word to type in. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

"School conditions you to reject your own judgement and experiences. The facts are in the textbook. Memorize and follow the rules. What they don't tell you is the people that discovered the facts and wrote the textbooks are people like you and me."

#2 2014-11-08 23:08:52

Bob
Administrator

Re: Worksheets and stuff

hi PatternMan

in WORD 2007 you can do things like this:

Type equations in linear format

You can type most equations quickly by using Math AutoCorrect codes. For example, to align an equation array, you can use @ and &, as in the following:

\eqarray(x+1&=2@1+2+3+y&=z@3/x&=6)<space>

I cannot copy here the result (it's a word graphic) so you'll have to try it yourself.  smile

I just typed 'mathematical format' into WORD help.#

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#3 2017-11-14 04:58:52

JatinS

hi

You can use maths equation editor in word to write equation and have awesome works for students

#4 2017-11-18 05:09:45

numquester

Geogebra is pretty nice.

Board footer