Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-26 04:01:30

David

Bible Study

Below are a few verse that I would like to share :

Proverbs 18:24
A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

Proverbs 13:20
He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of foolish suffers harm.

Mark 10:43-44
Whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be slaves of all.

Proverbs 17:17
A friend love at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Matthew 6:14-15
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your Heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive men their sins, your Heavenly Father will not forgive you.

His dominion is an everlasting dominion, Which shall not pass away, And His kingdom the one Which shall not be destroyed.

#2 2014-10-26 04:13:54

bobbym
bumpkin

Re: Bible Study

One of my favorites.

Matthew18:9 wrote:

And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

pappym's favorite.

Matthew 8:5: And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him,

Matthew 8:6: And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.

Matthew 8:7: And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.

Matthew 8:8: The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.

Matthew 8:9: For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

Matthew 8:10: When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

Matthew 8:11: And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 8:12: But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 8:13: And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#3 2014-10-26 04:24:35

David

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged,nor the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.

His dominion is an everlasting dominion, Which shall not pass away, And His kingdom the one Which shall not be destroyed.

#4 2014-10-26 04:30:32

bobbym
bumpkin

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

#5 2014-10-26 04:33:44

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

I have many verses that I do not want to share

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

#6 2014-10-26 06:14:47

bobbym
bumpkin

And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

#7 2014-10-26 09:34:13

David

Ephesians 4:31-32
Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Isaiah 43:18-19
Do not remember the former things, Nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness And rivers in the desert.

Last edited by David (2014-10-26 09:36:21)

#8 2014-10-26 10:01:05

David

Ten Ways to Love
2280899.jpg?755

#9 2014-10-26 13:45:25

bobbym
bumpkin

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

#10 2014-10-27 00:22:30

David

God really love us :

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 8:37-39
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ephesians 2:4-5
But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ— by grace you have been saved ...

Romans 5:8
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.

1 Peter 5:6-7
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Psalm 86:15
But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.

#11 2014-10-27 01:25:21

David

Agnishom wrote:

I have many verses that I do not want to share

Hebrews 13:16
Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

#12 2014-10-27 02:58:09

bobbym
bumpkin

And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.

#13 2014-10-27 03:07:21

Olinguito

Thanks to the Bible I’m glad I’m not a woman.

I Corinthians 14:34 wrote:

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

I Timothy 2:12 wrote:

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp the authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Bassaricyon neblina

#14 2014-10-27 04:44:59

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

Well, the article makes many valid points.

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'

#15 2014-10-27 05:02:36

bobbym
bumpkin

I have removed post 14, too flippant I sometimes forget that you should be careful to be serious about what someone else thinks is sacred.

Post 15 had to be removed because it was reported.

Post 16 had to be removed because rebuttal attacks are not encouraged.

#16 2014-10-27 05:20:29

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

What was the message in the report?

#17 2014-10-27 05:23:02

bobbym
bumpkin

That would not be correct to speak of. Omerta! Member to member privacy

#18 2014-10-27 05:30:57

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

That is not quiet correct. Let's say somebody reported, "I will feed you an excellent chicken dish if you remove this thread for me.". Is that a good reason for you to remove the thread?

Okay, here are my Bible quotes:

Levicutus wrote:

Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy; for I am the Lord your God. Keep my statutes, and observe them; I am the Lord; I sanctify you.
All who curse father or mother shall be put to death; having cursed father or mother, their blood is upon them.

If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbour, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death. The man who lies with his father's wife has uncovered his father's nakedness; both of them shall be put to death; their blood is upon them.

If a man lies with his daughter-in-law, both of them shall be put to death; they have committed perversion; their blood is upon them.

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them.

When you buy a male Hebrew slave, he shall serve for six years, but in the seventh he shall go out a free person, without debt. If he comes in single, he shall go out single; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master’s and he shall go out alone. But if the slave declares, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out a free person’, then his master shall bring him before God. He shall be brought to the door or the doorpost; and his master shall pierce his ear with an awl; and he shall serve him for life.
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. If she does not please her master, who designated her for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed; he shall have no right to sell her to a foreign people, since he has dealt unfairly with her. If he designates her for his son, he shall deal with her as with a daughter. If he takes another wife to himself, he shall not diminish the food, clothing, or marital rights of the first wife. And if he does not do these three things for her, she shall go out without debt, without payment of money.

Whoever strikes a person mortally shall be put to death. If it was not premeditated, but came about by an act of God, then I will appoint for you a place to which the killer may flee. But if someone wilfully attacks and kills another by treachery, you shall take the killer from my altar for execution.

Whoever strikes father or mother shall be put to death.

Whoever kidnaps a person, whether that person has been sold or is still held in possession, shall be put to death. Whoever curses father or mother shall be put to death.

When individuals quarrel and one strikes the other with a stone or fist so that the injured party, though not dead, is confined to bed, but recovers and walks around outside with the help of a staff, then the assailant shall be free of liability, except to pay for the loss of time, and to arrange for full recovery.

When a slave-owner strikes a male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies immediately, the owner shall be punished. But if the slave survives for a day or two, there is no punishment; for the slave is the owner's propery.

I desire, then, that in every place the men should pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or argument; also that the women should dress themselves modestly and decently in suitable clothing, not with their hair braided, or with gold, pearls, or expensive clothes, but with good works, as is proper for women who profess reverence for God. Let a woman learn in silence with full submission. I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she is to keep silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet she will be saved through childbearing, provided they continue in faith and love and holiness, with modesty. [1 Timothy, chapter 2]

#19 2014-10-27 05:41:56

bobbym
bumpkin

I know that. It is old Hebrew law. It is not for me or you who both live in crime filled societies to say our legal system is correct and theirs is not. Frankly, I do not know what the correct law should be. I just do not pretend that our method is the correct one.

#20 2014-10-27 06:00:14

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

I completely agree with you! What a great idea it is! Let's write a petition to the President asking him to impose the hebrew law! I am sure he would agree!

#21 2014-10-27 06:05:04

bobbym
bumpkin

What has the big fellow got to do with any of this. He is busy with other things.

And I am glad you agree with me. It is always the best way.

#22 2014-10-27 06:06:28

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

Ha! You should see some sarcasm in that.

#23 2014-10-27 06:15:59

bobbym
bumpkin

I will not mention your country and just talk about mine. That article was written here by men who proclaim they believe in fairness. They say those laws are barbaric. Okay the proof of the pudding is in the eating. They are more rapes and killings in our society then they care to admit. Hundreds per day, the perpetrators never caught or set free to do it again and again. Women work for generally less pay and are not promoted as easily. People are beaten and killed on the street every day. Just check out youtube. Are the same things happening around the world, I would say yes. before we go and criticize there attempts at law we should study our own.

#24 2014-10-27 06:20:02

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

I do not want to say that that is a very good idea.

I do not mind you speaking about my country, it is okay.

We should keep the argument off this thread. Elaina is not going to like it and that is more importnat

#25 2014-10-27 06:27:37

bobbym
bumpkin

She has been dealt with. Mostly she screamed at me calling me an imbecile, impotent joke, a miscreant (I like that one ) and a baboon. I was taught to ignore the ranting of women. So you see that is yet another form of treating them just like the passages you read.

He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone.

pappym used to say: "people who live in glass houses can't afford to throw stones."

But what am I to do, treat her as a man, as an equal. If a man talks to me like that and I have a weapon handy he sleeps with the fishes. Sometimes equality is a bad thing.

Board footer