Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-02 01:39:58

gardma

Taking math tests.

Sorry but I do get pretty nervous during math testing. Everything bothers me. The room moderator in our testing center is often making some sort of noise (typing up her school work or some deal). When there aren't any noises, announcement of the time left makes me want to rush. I hate testing sad It takes me forever to get over the problem; and next thing you know, it's pencils down. sad I would love to get over all this anxiety.

#2 2014-07-02 01:52:03

David

Re: Taking math tests.

Try wearing a watch? Ignore anyone else.

His dominion is an everlasting dominion, Which shall not pass away, And His kingdom the one Which shall not be destroyed.

#3 2014-07-02 03:50:44

gardma

I agree with you! smile ...then when i walk into that testing center, all the philosophies go outta my head. Only room left for math and anxiety lol. Thanks! smile

#4 2014-07-02 06:26:15

Bob
Administrator

hi gardma

Welcome to the forum. 

You're not alone in this anxiety.  Firstly, the invigilator shouldn't be doing anything but supervise the exam.  Certainly not anything distracting.  You are entitled to complain about that to someone senior. 

Do you do practice papers ?  I used to do loads, under my own self imposed exam conditions at home.  That got me used to them, and to working to time.  I got to the point where I knew what I could do in the time, and how much to allocate to a question, and that made the 'real thing' less of a threat.

Are you allowed headphones ? This will cut out a lot of extraneous noise and help you to concentrate.

Hope that helps.  smile

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#5 2015-01-20 08:59:42

GigaStudy

Greetings gardma...

Based on personal experience my answer to this question is, to study more.

If You walk into a test,
and You know all of the topics,
and have worked through all of the types of questions You need to know,
Then nothing else matters and You walk in there like a BOSS!!!

On top of that, if You are worried about the social pressures from the people around You, Consider how Einstein might have felt when he walked into an examination in his earlier days.
Or another person that You regard highly. Feel connected to these people, and respect Yourself. Find reasons to respect Yourself, and believe them.

Keep rocking the math Knowledge my friend, Let us know how it is going along the way!

tim

Board footer