Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-17 10:56:05

PatternMan

Applications of mathematics

Mathematics is relied on by lots of fields. Without the basics of mathematics we wouldn't be able to quantify anything or do calculations. Science and many other fields depend on it. I know some applications of mathematics but only some. I would like people to state areas in which math is used and what math is used. Provide examples if you can please.

Geometry, ratio, proportions and percentages. is used constantly in construction. Plasterers, carpenters etc all use it.

"School conditions you to reject your own judgement and experiences. The facts are in the textbook. Memorize and follow the rules. What they don't tell you is the people that discovered the facts and wrote the textbooks are people like you and me."

#2 2014-05-17 11:03:55

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

Re: Applications of mathematics

I prefer pure mathematics over applied

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
'You have made another human being happy. There is no greater accomplishment.' -bobbym

#3 2014-05-17 11:07:09

ShivamS

There is no applied mathematics without pure mathematics.

Applications: every area of science

#4 2014-05-17 11:42:46

PatternMan

You can apply pure mathematics lol. You like to think it's all abstract and pure. The beauty of it is you can apply it to multiple areas.

Last edited by PatternMan (2014-05-17 11:45:12)

"School conditions you to reject your own judgement and experiences. The facts are in the textbook. Memorize and follow the rules. What they don't tell you is the people that discovered the facts and wrote the textbooks are people like you and me."

#5 2014-05-17 11:43:35

ShivamS

You can't apply something that doesn't exist. Without the creation of theoretical mathematics, there would be no applications.

Board footer