Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-03-09 19:00:08

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Percentage Calculator

I have just finished making a Percentage Calculator that includes info on how the answers were arrived at. Please check it out (and in, up and down) to see if I have somehow made a mistake. I wouldn't want to mislead lots of people with a faulty calculator.

And if you have any ideas for the "Here are some ideas" section at the bottom of the page, let me know.

Thanks! smile

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#2 2006-03-09 19:17:24

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: Percentage Calculator

Excellent!
The Percentage calculator has been designed very well.
All the additional information given is helpful.
I tried the calculator for some known values, and found it working well.
Beginners using this calculator would learn a lot.
Very well done, MatsIsFun! up

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#3 2006-03-09 19:17:30

justlookingforthemoment

I have to say this again: like always, it's fabulous.

The only problem I have found so far is that when you click the 'MathsIsFun.com' button in the flash window, it links to the Symmetry Artist (?).

And the same button in the Symmetry Artist window links back to itself.

#4 2006-03-09 22:59:37

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Thank you both! I will change the link, jl.

More comments?

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

Board footer