Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-02-15 02:51:44

espeon
Real Member

A classic

A farmer goes to market with a fox, a cabbage and a chicken.They encounter a bridge which only 2 or 1 thing can cross at the same time. He can't leave the fox with the cabbage or the chicken or it will eat it.

How can the farmer get across the bridge with all 3 of the animals and plant?

This is a classic and you probably heard it in different forms. This is just one way but the answer is still the same.But this is quite easy but long winded... sleep

Presenting the Prinny dance.
Take this dood! Huh doood!!! HUH DOOOOD!?!? DOOD HUH!!!!!! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 2006-02-15 08:45:02

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: A classic

Build a fire, cook the chicken and cabbage together, and he and the fox can have a feast together. Beats working smile

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#3 2006-02-15 09:22:49

Zach

Take the Fox over, then take the Cabbage over then, then take the Fox b ack over and then take over the chicken and finally, go back for the Fox.

Unless you mean the Fox'll eat the chicken and the Chicken'll eat the Cabbage, then...
Take the Chicken over, take the fox over, take the chicken back, take the cabbage over and then take the chicken over again.

Boy let me tell you what:
I bet you didn't know it, but I'm a fiddle player too.
And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you.

#4 2006-02-15 21:12:09

espeon
Real Member

MathsIsFun wrote:

Build a fire, cook the chicken and cabbage together, and he and the fox can have a feast together. Beats working smile

Thats a new way of solving it...

Anyway Zach is right but there certificate there because it was quite easy but I did that on purpose

Presenting the Prinny dance.
Take this dood! Huh doood!!! HUH DOOOOD!?!? DOOD HUH!!!!!! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Board footer