Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ π -

Login

Username

Password

Not registered yet?

#1 2013-05-29 22:37:20

ShivamS

A real tough one.

Find the flux of the vector field F(x,y,z) = (e^-y) i - (y) j + (x sinz) k across σ wit outward orientation where σ is the portion of the elliptic cylinder r(u,v) = (2cos v) i + (sin v) j + (u) k with 0 ≤ u ≤ 5, 0 ≤ v ≤ 2pi.

I have discovered a truly marvellous signature, which this margin is too narrow to contain. -Fermat
Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world. -Archimedes
Young man, in mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them. - Neumann

#2 2013-05-30 01:52:38

bobbym
Administrator

Re: A real tough one.

Hi;

I cleaned it for you. Post what you wanted following this post.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
I have the result, but I do not yet know how to get it.
All physicists, and a good many quite respectable mathematicians are contemptuous about proof.

#3 2013-05-30 01:53:23

ShivamS

Re: A real tough one.

Thanks; what I wanted though is the flux of the vector field.

I have discovered a truly marvellous signature, which this margin is too narrow to contain. -Fermat
Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world. -Archimedes
Young man, in mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them. - Neumann

Board footer