Asalam O ALikum,
Straight forward --> having problems understanding following questions....
1. If X & Y are two sets & n(X) =18,n(Y)=24, n(XUY)=40 then n(X[Intersection sign]Y)=
Answer is 2 but dont know how....
2. If x^2 +y^2 = a^2 then in terms of conjgate coordinates,____
Answers is Z.Z^_ = a^2 don't know how(meaning a __ above Z)
3. IF X=[1,4] & A=[2,4] then A' =
4. IF A[1,2] & B=(0,2) then A(Intersection Sign)B=
5. If i^2=-1, then the value of i^-4k+3
6. if a+i3b= -1+3i^2k then real part =_________
7. if x+iy=5-6i^2k, the imaginary part(y) =________
8. The expression of 3/(under-the-root->6) - (under-the-root->-12) in the form of a+ib is_________
Answer-> 1/(under-root->6) + i/under-root-3
More question relating complex numbers would be coming soon
If anyone else has a question to ask can also post here....
n(AUB)=n(A) + n(B) - n(AandB)
40 = 18+24 - n(AB)
n(AB) = 2
3. A` = [1,3] ?
Last edited by kempos (2006-01-29 05:13:12)
solved 8 but dont know how to put it here :-(
how to paste equation from MS word? i have saved this bloody thing as a jpg try to paste it here but it does not work :-(
Last edited by kempos (2006-01-29 05:03:13)
can u also put in solution steps of 3,4,5 cause these questions are new to me....
i can't do it
do not know how to put it here :-(
5. i^(-4k+3) = i^-4k * i^3 = 1/i^4k * (-i) = 1/ i^2^2k * (-i) = 1/-1^2k * (-i) =
1/1^k *(-i) = 1*(-i) = -i
Last edited by kempos (2006-01-29 05:11:36)
what do you mean by A[0,2]?
Last edited by kempos (2006-01-29 05:14:26)
didn;t got u.....?
hmmm can u also give me solutions steps of 3 and 4 because haven't ever seen these type of questions before so ..... not sure about them.....
What on earth are you talking about?
Don't know don't care
how IF X=[1,4] & A=[2,4] then A' =3. A` =
how IF A[1,2] & B0,2) then A(Intersection Sign)B=
Also have another question
1. If the area of a triangle is 16, formed by the points Z, Z+iZ and iZ in a complex plane then |Z|=_____
Gives 4(Under-root-->2) how?
Last edited by dorez (2006-01-29 22:14:38)
don't bother Kelp Kid
Last edited by Tiger (2006-01-30 19:17:04)
People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy.
~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.
is the question about the triangle correct? haveing some problems with it :-(
I'm getting 4sqrt2 but also imaginary numbers.
ok, got it. however difficult for me to expalin.
not the sane problem but might help
Last edited by kempos (2006-01-30 22:30:44)
ok, here you go
How do you get to be a full memeber? or how do you get those icons?
Hi Browniegirl ... welcome to the forum. Give people a little time to respond
You are already a member, the different grades are based on how many messages you post here.
You can upload an "avatar" by going to Profile (at top), then Personality. You must first have one on your PC, though! It can't be bigger than 60x60 pixels. Some people make their own, others find one searching the internet.
"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..." - Leon M. Lederman