Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

Login

Username

Password

Not registered yet?

#1 2013-03-06 05:43:47

Pattyg16

Stats Help Please

Hello,

I am currently writing a grant to seek funding for a proposed research project and I am unsure which statistical test to use for my results. There are several things I will be looking at. I will be testing to see if taste aversion is possible in fish. Taste aversion is when an animal eats a food a source and becomes sick after consumption. The animal will then not eat this food source again.

The first is latency to attack. I will need to compare time of attack before aversive conditioning and time of attack after.

I will look at # of attack vs no attacks

The degree of a taste aversion. There will be four categories that will be checked depending on the behavior of the animals. Avoidance of Bait, Approach Bait but does not eat, Small bite/taste of the Bait, Rapid change in swimming speed/motion

Any help would be great. My math and statistical background is very minimal.

Thank You

#2 2013-03-06 08:31:44

mathgogocart

Re: Stats Help Please

Pattyg16 wrote:

Hello,

I am currently writing a grant to seek funding for a proposed research project and I am unsure which statistical test to use for my results. There are several things I will be looking at. I will be testing to see if taste aversion is possible in fish. Taste aversion is when an animal eats a food a source and becomes sick after consumption. The animal will then not eat this food source again.

The first is latency to attack. I will need to compare time of attack before aversive conditioning and time of attack after.

I will look at # of attack vs no attacks

The degree of a taste aversion. There will be four categories that will be checked depending on the behavior of the animals. Avoidance of Bait, Approach Bait but does not eat, Small bite/taste of the Bait, Rapid change in swimming speed/motion

Any help would be great. My math and statistical background is very minimal.

Thank You

What in the world.....this is not a question.I think its Spa,mswear

Last edited by mathgogocart (2013-03-06 08:34:33)

Hey.

#3 2013-03-06 08:37:09

anonimnystefy
Real Member

Re: Stats Help Please

It is not spam. He/she asked for help in statistics.

The limit operator is just an excuse for doing something you know you can't.
“It's the subject that nobody knows anything about that we can all talk about!” ― Richard Feynman
“Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.” ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Crime and Punishment

Board footer