Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ π -

Login

Username

Password

Not registered yet?

#1 2013-02-28 01:39:12

ShivamS

Check these please.

Consider 'x' to be a variable. What is the derivative of 12x^4 + 10x^3 - 5x^2 + 16 with respect to x?
48x^3 + 30x^2 - 10x

Consider 'x' to be a variable. What is the integral of 18x^2 - 10x + 3 with respect to x? Pick the most correct solution.

6x^3 - 5x^2 + 3x + C

Suppose the integral was already performed on an equation. What is the simplified answer if you now take the integral from 0 to 1 for the following integrated equation:
8x^3 + 3x^2 - 4x + C
(Hint: closed interval [a=0, b=1])

I have discovered a truly marvellous signature, which this margin is too narrow to contain. -Fermat
Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world. -Archimedes
Young man, in mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them. - Neumann

#2 2013-02-28 01:44:54

zetafunc.

Re: Check these please.

All correct.

#3 2013-02-28 01:45:37

ShivamS

Great. Thank-you.

I have discovered a truly marvellous signature, which this margin is too narrow to contain. -Fermat
Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world. -Archimedes
Young man, in mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them. - Neumann

#4 2013-02-28 01:46:53

bobbym
Administrator

Hi;

Yep, very good!

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
I have the result, but I do not yet know how to get it.
All physicists, and a good many quite respectable mathematicians are contemptuous about proof.

Board footer