Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-06 23:52:11

dragongames

What is Society?

Society is something of a catch-all phrase for organized humanity. It's just another word for people. And just as there can be evil in people, there can also be evil in society. And evil, in any of its myriad guises, can only bring us pain and sadness.

#2 2010-08-08 21:53:01

ZHero
Real Member

Re: What is Society?

I'd consult a dictionary..... how bout Advanced Learner's Oxford?

If two or more thoughts intersect, there has to be a point!

#3 2011-06-16 23:38:35

philipsteele

society is the word comes derived from the Latin word. In short we can say society is the group of peoples including our self...dunno

#4 2013-01-08 22:21:39

sparticus
Banned

I think it must be defined as group of people all together living in a community organized  in a big or small ways or may be group of people working together or for a period and meet for common interests or needs.

Last edited by sparticus (2013-01-11 16:05:17)

Huawei

#5 2013-01-08 23:43:25

anonimnystefy
Real Member

sparticus wrote:

I think it must be defined as group of people all together living in a community organized  in a big or small ways or may be group of people working together or for a period and meet for common interests or needs.

This is not totally correct. Not all people are in a direct corellation.

There are three theories about it. The nominalistic theory says that society is just a name given to a group or mob of people which is unable to influence its members. The realistic theory says that society is a real phenomenon that is outside of and above its individual members and which has an influence on its members. Of course, most sociologists, including my sociology professor, disagree with both of these, seeing how they are too extremal, so a third theory was devised which is basically a concillation of the two and is somewhere in the middle about its opinion of what society is, actually saying its both.

“Here lies the reader who will never open this book. He is forever dead.
“Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.” ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Crime and Punishment
The knowledge of some things as a function of age is a delta function.

#6 2013-01-09 04:30:51

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi;

I think society is large group of wild animals being maintained and dominated by a smaller group of wild animals.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#7 2013-01-25 12:13:34

n872yt3r

So.ci.e.ty: Noun
1. relationships among groups: the sum of social relationships among groups of humans or animals
2. structured community of people: a structured community of people bound together by similar traditions, institutions, or nationality
3. customs of a community: the customs of a community and the way it is organized, e.g. its class structure
Synonyms: civilization, culture, the social order, humanity, the world

- n872yt3r
Math Is Fun Rocks! smile
By the power of the exponent, I square and cube you! cool

Board footer