Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-01-17 09:42:10

Ricky

Getting rid of SchwanzerIsBack

http://news.com.com/Create+an+e-annoyance%2C+go+to+jail/2010-1028_3-6022491.html?part=rss&tag=6022491&subj=news

Trolling, especially posting nudity on a forum, is now illegal.  What I suggest is to get SchwanzerIsBack's ip address, and either threaten to notify the authorities, or actually notify them.  Through this, they can subpoena his service provider to give his address.

"In the real world, this would be a problem.  But in mathematics, we can just define a place where this problem doesn't exist.  So we'll go ahead and do that now..."

#2 2006-01-17 10:23:59

mathsyperson

Re: Getting rid of SchwanzerIsBack

I missed whatever Schwanzer did this time, so someone else must have responded to your reports before I got here. (They didn't zap them though. >_>)

Edit: I was just about to ban him, and it turns out someone else did it before me. So Schwanzer won't be bothering us anymore. Yay!

Last edited by mathsyperson (2006-01-17 10:25:18)

Why did the vector cross the road?
It wanted to be normal.

#3 2006-01-17 10:52:05

Ricky

He can always create another account though..

Unless you ban him through ip, in which case, if he is computer savy enough, he can change.

"In the real world, this would be a problem.  But in mathematics, we can just define a place where this problem doesn't exist.  So we'll go ahead and do that now..."

#4 2006-01-17 10:53:28

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Schwanzer is breaking the law. We have his IP address and email accounts.

He has really stepped over the line here - posting nasty stuff where minors can see it will get the police on his tail.

Little tricks like changing accounts, etc, just provide us with more evidence. Then we can go to his internet provider (I know who they are) and the police in his country (I know that too) and let them sort it out.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#5 2006-01-19 11:26:17

jU
Real Member

ok I never saw it and I'm glad too I bet there would be 7 year old people on here!

#6 2006-01-20 00:33:56

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Progress: "Schwanzer" came back again, and posted links to math sites. I deleted the posts promptly, but not before taking screenshots as evidence. I also have extracted the logs of the visits (a tiresome effort going through logs, but necessary), so quite a bit is known.

If Schwanzer returns we can collect more evidence, and take the matter up with the authorities.

I also sent an email to Schwanzer's three registered email addresses saying that posting math is illegal and immoral, and to stop. I got a rude reponse, plus a reference to his/herself as a "non-adult", so Schwanzer is most likely a teenager.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

Board footer